• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Just dropped the pack on a Mach E last week and currently disassembling it down to the cell level. It's not easy to do with that type of lift in the link because you have such a small area for the pads. You can see it on YouTube on the Weber Automotive channel. (10) 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT - Extended Range Battery Removal - YouTube
That's right. You need an assymetrical
lift arm setup. Did you have the bolt on lifting points installed after removing the moulding? It is a pain in the ass.
Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Actually, our lift is by the wheels so it was an easy job to drop, but removing the modules was a pain in the ass.
Column would make it exponentially easier. So you didn't like the paste/glue/insulating compound on the shared cooling plate I take it. Hey...by the way we were yelling @you this morning in the 7/11 thread. You still don't have your truck either?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
We don't have access to Ford special tools to help with removal, so we had to improvise getting them out. We were able to separate a module from to cold plate by scraping...now just have to figure out what will cut the adhesive used on the cells.

I saw the 7/11 thread, but it is too painful seeing those complaining about not receiving their truck when April/May/June still have not even gotten a ship date... a bunch of divas over there 😂 (and please know I'm joking about the last part)
Sorry I don't have a clue on the individual cell attachments. You know a lot more about that. We don't go in the modules. If you find anything good inside please hit me up.
And I resemble that Diva remark. But we were up way to early and somehow your name came up. LOL Too bad there are not beep beep notifications like IM'S.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
I personally think ford has a plan. Anyone needing tires, rotation, balance, alignment. Anything requiring the tires to be removed better be taking their Mach E to an EV ford dealership. I don’t think many shops are going to pay for the specialized lift adapters or be able to remove / replace the lower body moulding to install the adapters on the car without doing significant damage. I watched the entire Weber video MickeyAO posted the link to . Amazing. I highly recommend watching at least the beginning few minutes. I’ve got a 10/3 build date for the Mach-E. 9/2 Lightning delivery date.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I think the people most interested it taking down the battery are the ones that are gonna look for a way to add extra cooling lines or cooling system to the SR in order to increase their tow capacity. Probably wiser to just pay Ford for the max tow package.
Sponsored