• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Pack warranty transfers across states?

Lightninging

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Hi all I'm in the market for a used F150 lightning and have noticed that prices outside of CA are much lower. Does anyone know if the warranty would transfer to me if I were to buy out of state and I registered it in CA? I'm assuming yes but thought I would ask. Also would it be possible to get an extended warranty from Flood or Granger on a used lightning? Pretty excited to see used XLTs and Lariats for $45k which seemed inconceivable just a year ago. TIA for the help!
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
In California, residents are not allowed to buy discounted warranties.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Yeah bummer. I read there was a work around though if you have someone willing to let you use their address.
The restriction is by the CA government, so Ford doesn't really care. Also if the warranty is transferable, and you're buying private party, maybe you can have the person you're buying from help you out.
Sponsored