• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Screen instead of Camera View

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve noticed the past few days that when I back up or I’m pulling into my garage, the camera doesn’t work and I get a solid blue screen. Now I suspect it could have something to do with the fact it’s been snowing when it happens, but I never had this issue with my 2018 F-150. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The blue screen means you either have a bad camera or a bad connection.

You could try disconnecting the tailgate, making sure water isn't getting into it and plugging it back in. Otherwise I would make an appointment for your dealer to fix it.

swngdncr

First Name
Carla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Forerunner, 2016 Subaru Outback
Occupation
retired mostly
We had this problem. Dealer said it was a programming issue and they were waiting for an update from Ford. But the problem seems to have disappeared with the latest ford pass update. We had both a solid blue screen but more often it was a trapezoidal blue area where the front camera view should have been.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We had this problem. Dealer said it was a programming issue and they were waiting for an update from Ford. But the problem seems to have disappeared with the latest ford pass update. We had both a solid blue screen but more often it was a trapezoidal blue area where the front camera view should have been.
I've had this happen as well. After a night in the garage, it seemed to work fine this morning so I think @Pioneer74 is on to something. Weather is supposed to be dry the next 2 or 3 days so if the problem doesn't reoccur, I'll know how to attack this. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
Peddyr

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had an appointment at the dealership set for this past Saturday (when it was -13 incidentally). On Thursday night was pushed the latest software update (4.1.3) and poof....the camera's all work fine now. They not only work, but the image is MUCH clearer. Was happy to cancel my appointment Saturday morning so I didn't have to move the truck or freeze my ass off. Fine yesterday and today as well so seems as if they issue is resolved.
Sponsored