• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Cruise maps out of date

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
Is anyone else having an issue with OTA updates for their bluecruise map? I took delivery of my truck right after the map expired on Sept. 10th, so I haven't been able to use hands-free driving yet. It seems like a known problem, at least amongst Mach-E users, but my dealership doesn't seem to be able to help. Reading a few messages it seemed like I needed to take it in for a GWM update, but they at first couldn't find anything, then when I pointed out the "fix" in a Mach-E thread they were able to see that there was indeed a problem, but it apparently doesn't apply to my truck because it falls outside the production window that Ford has deemed prone to the problem. Now I'm being told that they don't know what the issue is, even though it's the exact same issue others have reported!
At least they're "keeping my case open" for whatever that's worth.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ccpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Construction
Is anyone else having an issue with OTA updates for their bluecruise map? I took delivery of my truck right after the map expired on Sept. 10th, so I haven't been able to use hands-free driving yet. It seems like a known problem, at least amongst Mach-E users, but my dealership doesn't seem to be able to help. Reading a few messages it seemed like I needed to take it in for a GWM update, but they at first couldn't find anything, then when I pointed out the "fix" in a Mach-E thread they were able to see that there was indeed a problem, but it apparently doesn't apply to my truck because it falls outside the production window that Ford has deemed prone to the problem. Now I'm being told that they don't know what the issue is, even though it's the exact same issue others have reported!
At least their "keeping my case open" for whatever that's worth.
Same thing here ! Dealer doesn't do anything :(

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
At least their "keeping my case open" for whatever that's worth.
Do you have a link to a thread from the Mach e forums?

OP
OP

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Did the service department offer another reason for the failure of hands free, or offer to escalate it to Ford (beyond keeping your case open)?

OP
OP

Jaufry

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Tacoma
Occupation
Manager
Did the service department offer another reason for the failure of hands free, or offer to escalate it to Ford (beyond keeping your case open)?
They said they were on the phone with Ford engineers, who would also open the case for my truck specifically, but they didn't have a solution. It almost felt like a "We've never seen a model quite like yours before" answer

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm not familiar with this issue. Can you elaborate?
BlueCruise uses maps that tell the system what roads have been approved. These maps have to be updated regularly. Initially, this was believed to be every 6 months. Then in an update (for the Mach-E), it was indicated that they would be more often.

If the maps expire, you won't be able to do handsfree driving until your maps are updated. Ford did an "emergency" update on the Mach-Es just recently, and some owners didn't get it, and their maps didn't work after that date.

You can see the date of the maps you have in the vehicle where it shows you the version of Sync you have. There is some debate over the format of the date shown, whether it's MM-DD-YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY last I read.

Just to be clear, these maps have zero to do with your navigation maps. They simply tell the vehicle if the road they are on is handsfree or not.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So will the feature subscription be for new maps, as they are time-bombed?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
So will the feature subscription be for new maps, as they are time-bombed?
I might be misunderstanding you but blue cruise already Requires a subscription to work?

Sponsored

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might be misunderstanding you but blue cruise already Requires a subscription to work?
Correct, but how is it controlled? Expiring maps, requiring new ones (via subscription) would be a way to do it. Someone may have more details on the mechanism of the subscription?

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Field Engineer
Correct, but how is it controlled? Expiring maps, requiring new ones (via subscription) would be a way to do it. Someone may have more details on the mechanism of the subscription?
I got it now. A map version check would be one of the simpler ways to control it

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My 6/30 build has Blue Cruise Map good to 10/12/2022 [dd/mm/yyyy]

Last edited:

TaxmanHog