• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise 1.2 upgrade?

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I just want mine to be compatible when Im wearing sunglasses. For some reason as soon I put them on it panics
You might have better luck with different sunglasses. There are some sunglasses that block IR but most UV filtering lenses allow enough IR to make the camera happy.
Sponsored

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
You might have better luck with different sunglasses. There are some sunglasses that block IR but most UV filtering lenses allow enough IR to make the camera happy.
I can tell you it hates my Oakley prism lenses

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
The Luxotica “green” and teal shaded lenses often are actually IR welding lenses. Some designers like the green look and put those into high end sunglasses too.

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
weird I wear Oakleys and have no issues (nor do I have issues with any other sunglasses)
Well that’s great for you, what lens do you have. One can assume they aren’t all the same.

Sponsored

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
Well that’s great for you, what lens do you have. One can assume they aren’t all the same.
I have a few but mostly the prism black lens

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
One can assume that if you have problems with those sunglasses today, nothing will change with SW 1.2. Those two devices that track your eyes are physical and they aren't getting replaced. They might be able to tweak what they see and report via SW, but I wouldn't expect any change.

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
If your lenses are opaque to IR, then you will have a problem with Blue Cruise. Some manufacturers have details about spectral transmission to help you choose something that work for you.
Sponsored