• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluetooth stopped working in the Lightning

paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Miata, Mach-E First Edition, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Recently my Bluetooth stopped working in the Lightning. I set it up on the 15'" SYNC screen and it worked fine for a while. Now, Ford Pass shows Bluetooth Disconnected. I attempt to discover it on my iPhone and there is a Bluetooth device that resembles the last 5 digits of my VIN. However, it flashes on and off and does not connect (see attached). The named device from my Lightning does not appear in the list of devices on my iPhone, just the flashing 'ghost' device. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluetooth stopped working in the Lightning IMG_0276.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluetooth stopped working in the Lightning IMG_0281 copy.JPG
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Have you tried rebooting Synch (hold volume down and right seek buttons for 10 seconds)?

OP
OP
paulalex01

paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Miata, Mach-E First Edition, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Recently my Bluetooth stopped working in the Lightning. I set it up on the 15'" SYNC screen and it worked fine for a while. Now, Ford Pass shows Bluetooth Disconnected. I attempt to discover it on my iPhone and there is a Bluetooth device that resembles the last 5 digits of my VIN. However, it flashes on and off and does not connect (see attached). The named device from my Lightning does not appear in the list of devices on my iPhone, just the flashing 'ghost' device. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0276.PNG

IMG_0281 copy.JPG
If anyone is interested, I found two separate issues. SYNC had lost my phone. It was showing up in "Phone List," making me think it was OK. But when I readded the phone, I was able to reconnect Bluetooth and Appleplay. The other issue of the 'ghost' Bluetooth device. That was the Lightning's Bluetooth device for PaaK having lost connection with my iPhone PaaK. I reloaded Paak and I'm all set. The need for this reloading was not apparent because Paak seemed to be working. The clue is the Frunk and Tailgate buttons are unavailable. On my MME over the last 2 years, I've had to reload PaaK five times, now twice on the Lightning. It has become old hat.
Sponsored