• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PAAK just stopped working

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Thanks from me as well. Had to replace my iPhone and it was an ordeal getting PaaK running again. Finally deleted the vehicle from Ford Pass App then added it back and started over by setting up PaaK in the truck.
Sponsored

Naby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Finally figured out my issue. I have a Pixel Watch 2 and even though PAAK worked fine with both the truck and the watch connected to my phone before my vacation, somehow the watch connection was causing some kind of interference/corruption/something when I got back. I finally had the bright idea to put the watch in airplane mode while setting up PAAK with the truck and lo and behold, PAAK paired immediately. I then took the watch out of airplane mode and PAAK still works fine.

Pretty weird that was the cause of the problem, and even weirder that it only affected the Lightning and not the Mach-E. Mystery solved, in any case.
This was a lifesaver for me! Ok, not literally. Long story, PaaK stopped working for me the other day (still not sure why) so I removed it and tried to put it back. I kept getting the "Pairing Failed" error. Putting my watch (also a Pixel Watch 2) in airplane mode worked, but here is how. The first time I tried setting up PaaK after putting my watch in airplane mode I got the error again. But this time I got a notice about some Bluetooth connection that just had numbers like a MAC address. I went into my Bluetooth settings and deleted this old connection (which I had never seen before). Then I tried PaaK again and it worked. It seems like the watch connection prohibits the PaaK Bluetooth connection from being seen and deleted so it can be setup again, something like that.

Now I just have to remember this if it ever happens again...