• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluetooth stuttering issue (Sync 4, 12" screen)

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Yes, XLT with 12 inch screen, Samsung Galaxy S22, I stream YouTube music through Bluetooth and it stutters sometimes randomly for me too.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Yes, XLT with 12 inch screen, Samsung Galaxy S22, I stream YouTube music through Bluetooth and it stutters sometimes randomly for me too.
Wow, Ford really didn't test anything in this truck did they? This is basic stuff nowadays. Terrible QA/QC.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update. I have a Mach E loaner vehicle and I get the same stuttering on that audio system as I do with the Lightning's. It's actually worse because since everything is run through that 15" screen, just switching between screens causes the stuttering sound. Very poor hardware for the job.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Another update: I have tried my Galaxy S10e directly connected to the Sync 4 headunit, stutter still present. I also eliminated Spotify and tried playing an MP3 stored on my phone directly and the stutter is still there.

Next test will be to use a thumbdrive with some music on it and see if the stutter happens. This would eliminate bluetooth entirely.

I've also had the stutter happen when switching between menu items. For example, going into the vehicle settings menu and selecting an option. Sometimes the music playing will stutter when the software switches the displayed items.

My gut is telling me the hardware in the Sync 4 head unit is incredibly slow and outdated and being asked to do way more than originally designed. It also could be poor software. I took a picture of the Sync 4 version screen. I see it says "Revision: 640" Is that the version 6.4 of Sync that folks have been talking about?

Ford F-150 Lightning Bluetooth stuttering issue (Sync 4, 12" screen) 20231117_114214-mod

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Another update: I have tried my Galaxy S10e directly connected to the Sync 4 headunit, stutter still present. I also eliminated Spotify and tried playing an MP3 stored on my phone directly and the stutter is still there.

Next test will be to use a thumbdrive with some music on it and see if the stutter happens. This would eliminate bluetooth entirely.

I've also had the stutter happen when switching between menu items. For example, going into the vehicle settings menu and selecting an option. Sometimes the music playing will stutter when the software switches the displayed items.

My gut is telling me the hardware in the Sync 4 head unit is incredibly slow and outdated and being asked to do way more than originally designed. It also could be poor software. I took a picture of the Sync 4 version screen. I see it says "Revision: 640" Is that the version 6.4 of Sync that folks have been talking about?

20231117_114214-mod.jpg
My version on the 15.5" Sync 4A screen
Ford F-150 Lightning Bluetooth stuttering issue (Sync 4, 12" screen) 1700511856358

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired