• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Center display not turning on

Aaron H

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum, BMW i3s, Jaguar F type,
Occupation
Industrial Machinery Designer/Manufacturer
I let my Platinum ER sit for 2 days. Went to use it but the center display wont come on at all. pushed and held center knob for a few seconds but display wont come on. When I shift to reverse, the cameras come up on the screen. Otherwise nothing. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I let my Platinum ER sit for 2 days. Went to use it but the center display wont come on at all. pushed and held center knob for a few seconds but display wont come on. When I shift to reverse, the cameras come up on the screen. Otherwise nothing. Any ideas?
Try resetting the screen?

You can reboot the center display using the controls on the steering wheel.
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek forward and volume down button for 10 seconds

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
If the rearview camera comes on then the screen itself is ok and it could be the APIM module that runs sync.

OP
OP
Aaron H

Aaron H

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
After work 2 hours later, I started the truck again and the display was working. A lot of the settings for audio had changed. I’m wondering if maybe the screen was off while an OTA was loading or rebooting? Maybe After it finished loading, the screen was turned back on? Just guessing. Any ideas?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
After work 2 hours later, I started the truck again and the display was working. A lot of the settings for audio had changed. I’m wondering if maybe the screen was off while an OTA was loading or rebooting? Maybe After it finished loading, the screen was turned back on? Just guessing. Any ideas?
I wonder if you happened to catch it mid-update?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I've had a similar symptom/issue over the past several months. I believe in all 3 cases the truck sat for several days and the center screen wouldn't come on. But when put in reverse, the cameras come on. The screen then does come on almost immediately after I put it in drive. I thought I read somewhere that the Lightning goes into a deep sleep mode when it sits for a period of time. This seems to make sense so the 12v battery doesn't get too low because if it does, it seems to cause many issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aaron H

Aaron H

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Vin# 1FT6W1EV4NWG10376

Dealership is not the place I purchased truck from. I purchased truck from a private party in Texas.
The dealership I use is Hemborg Ford. 1900 Hamner, Norco, CA 92860

OP
OP
Aaron H

Aaron H

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Had the same issue on Tuesday. Center display off. Drove to the doctors. After visit, display is working again. Anyone else?
Sponsored