• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Change of Rims and leveling, does it affect GVWR of Lightning?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I’m pretty naive about changing out rims and tires. I just changed to Nitto Recon Grapplers with heavier load rating for a camper and kept my Lariat stock rims. Now that I see lose about 30 miles with those ATs, Im okay with that and about to level my Lightning. Next step would be to change out the rims and maybe even the tires for more clearance.

How do I find out, if any of that affects my GVWR? Specifically the Rims and Leveling. I know the extra weight of the tires made me lose some due to the added weight of the grapplers. That loss was very acceptable, I’m just worried about the other two.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Every pound you add, compared to stock parts, subtracts from your GVWR. Also, your GVWR will change depending on the limits of the parts you change, the lowest being the max you can safely carry. Leveling shouldn't affect the GVWR.

I also find that is easier to change the whole wheel instead of just the rim, but that's me.