• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Charge Station Fault" message when first plug in (ChargePoint Home Flex)

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I have my ChargePoint Flex scheduled to charge from 10PM thru 11AM, and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, but the past few days when I plug in prior to the scheduled time, I immediately get a message on Ford Pass as shown below. If I unplug and replug it seems to be ok, though last night it still didn't charge and I had to force it to "Charge now" from the Ford Pass app this morning to make it charge. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this? I don't think it's an issue with my circuit/breaker since it worked fine for 3 weeks. I will try removing the schedule (temporarily) to see if that is causing the issue.

Ford F-150 Lightning "Charge Station Fault" message when first plug in (ChargePoint Home Flex) fault
Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I'm unsure how the ChargePoint Flex offers the pilot signal when outside of its set charging hours. It seems as if the Ford wants to charge immediately when you plug in - so the truck thinks it's an active station but the EVSE doesn't want to charge (yet).

I would contact chargepoint as see what they have to say.

OP
OP
frautumn

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Correction: the Flex has no schedule, I have the schedule set in Ford Pass.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Correction: the Flex has no schedule, I have the schedule set in Ford Pass.
I noticed the Ford Pass app is very quirky and if I were to do the charging on schedule, I'd do it thru the truck itself.

My wife's car starts charging at 9pm every night -set by the vehicle's schedule I set on the infotainment system and works perfectly each day.

My Lightning only gets charged on a weekend morning to 100% as I don't need a charge every day.
Sponsored