• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging issue

Joedirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
While waiting on my pro charger install at home I use the 30 amp charger at work to stay chargeand take it home on weekends to trickle charge on a 15amp 120v circuit.
It’s slow as hell but helps me be ready for Monday. I plugged it in at home Friday night and didn’t notice that it says charging paused on the app until Saturday afternoon. So now I’ve lost this time of charging and it won’t charge at all. Anyone know why? This just started.
while typing this I got a notification that the charger may have been accidentally unplugged. Um no, I unplugged it because it wasn’t charging🤬
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Do you have any time schedules set for your home location? What is your current state of charge?

OP
OP

Joedirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nothing scheduled. 80% charge but I have my one time charge limit set to 100%.
I drive a bunch and try to set myself up for the week by getting it to 100%
I’ll hit a fast charger as needed but mostly use my 30 amp at the office to maintain a decent level.
At minimum I’m a 100 mile round trip daily. Some days double that depending on projects going on or projects in the bidding stages

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Using the Ford Mobile Charger? What are its indicator lights showing?

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
My be a coincidence but since 4.2.2.2 when charging at home I get a charge fault error maybe every 4-5 plug ins. All I have to do is unplug the charger and plug it back in. I’m using a J1772 variant Tesla Wall Charger for reference.

I’ve got it booked in for the dealer to check that and the poor AC performance in the rear seats.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I use the 30 amp charger at work to stay chargeand take it home on weekends to trickle charge on a 15amp 120v circuit.
The mobile charge cord with interchangeable 120V/240V plugs... The plugset can appear to be seated, but need to be more forcefully inserted into the body of the EVSE. It can throw an error if the plugs get warm because of a poor connection.

OP
OP

Joedirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The Mobil charger light kept going to an amber light. But AMPS was right I think. The 120v plug seemed to not be seated quite right when I tried to get it back on the charge late yesterday. I pulled it back out and then pushed it back in a little more forcefully and then plugged it back in to the truck. Viola its charging.
thank you all for the replies. I appreciate it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The Mobil charger light kept going to an amber light. But AMPS was right I think. The 120v plug seemed to not be seated quite right when I tried to get it back on the charge late yesterday. I pulled it back out and then pushed it back in a little more forcefully and then plugged it back in to the truck. Viola its charging.
thank you all for the replies. I appreciate it.
Just to add some specificity, when fully-seated, the shoulder of the dongle is flush with the charger body. If I do a casual insertion without paying attention, it feels like it’s in, but the shoulder ends up 1/2 to 1 mm proud of the body.

OP
OP

Joedirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That’s exactly what I had going on. It was late Friday after a 13 hr work day with an hour drive home. I just didn’t pay attention. I’ll verify next time and double check either the port to see if it lights up blue or the app.
Sponsored