• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Coldest day yet -27C

macdian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Well, this should be about as cold as it gets generally. High today was -27C (-17F).
Drove downtown to my parkade (heated), parked for 2 hours, then drove across town, back, then around town again.
Battery went from 90% to 56%, driving only 79km (49 mi).

This to means about 250km on a full charge at these temps.
Sponsored

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
Is that with the extended battery?

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
I'm picking up my Platinum tomorrow here in Ontario. Do you mind if I ask whether you preconditioned the vehicle before you set off or was it cold?

I used to have a Taycan that really needed charging just before departure to ensure the efficiency didn't tank during the colder months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
macdian

macdian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
I'm picking up my Platinum tomorrow here in Ontario. Do you mind if I ask whether you preconditioned the vehicle before you set off or was it cold?

I used to have a Taycan that really needed charging just before departure to ensure the efficiency didn't tank during the colder months.
I sure did. Keep in mind I am park it outside at home. This morning I had my departure time set perfectly, and when I hopped in the truck read -31 and told my I had 193km range on a 90% charge.

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
Interesting, dumb question but the precondition is battery and cabin?

A Better Route Planner's reference consumption of 3.42 km/kWh @ 110 km/h is somewhat off then 😂

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
At -25F/-32c I am seeing 0.9-1.0 mi/kWh so 1.45-1.6 km/kWh. Also parking without plugging in for more than about 3 hours starts to cool the HVB battery too much and get a power reduction.
Sponsored