• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Its the same plug as the one you are using. I added ambient to my STX.. you shouldnt have to change anything. I have an extra one on my bench at the office. I can send you a pic if you need
If it’s the stock 21 cup holder the connector is different. Everyone has been ordering the -E light harness it has a male connector, I configure my harness with a female connector on the end. the 21 cup holder has a female connector so if i build a harness for that I have to put a male on there. the first person to do this @Hackintoshihope lives near me this is how I discovered it.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If it’s the stock 21 cup holder the connector is different. Everyone has been ordering the -E light harness it has a male connector, I configure my harness with a female connector on the end. the 21 cup holder has a female connector so if i build a harness for that I have to put a male on there. the first person to do this @Hackintoshihope lives near me this is how I discovered it.
Oh.. I didnt know. Yes It is a female with male pins for sure. I know that. Ok, well this has a lin bus also. Im not sure if that affects anything for you. This is the ambient based not like the media bin or glove box two wire.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Oh.. I didnt know. Yes It is a female with male pins for sure. I know that. Ok, well this has a lin bus also. Im not sure if that affects anything for you. This is the ambient based not like the media bin or glove box two wire.
The -E lights everyone is ordering have the lin also. thanks for the part number and giving guys another option! thats completley awesome man!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The -E lights everyone is ordering have the lin also. thanks for the part number and giving guys another option! thats completley awesome man!
No problem. I hope it helps.

Sponsored
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Sorry if this was already answered, with this part what else is needed for cup holder lights? Just the harness?

Thank you!
yeah with that part all you would need is a harness to connect it(you must have ambient lighting from the factory), unless you want to add in the connection to the BCM(i think thats where its at) @Jesse-Infotainment would need to confirm that since I have not added ambient lighting to a truck that didnt have it.

CRFuzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat (Ordered)
Yes I have a Lariat so have ambient lighting as far as I know. Thanks!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. I added only three ambient lights .. two foot wells and the cup holders. I only did it because the cup holder came with the lights and it drove me crazy they weren’t working.
I have full control over them through the screen and can control brightness.

Sponsored

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
According to a Ford dealer website, this part number won't fit 21 or 22 F150. Has someone purchased this item and can confirm it's a factory fit with ambient lighting built in?

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
According to a Ford dealer website, this part number won't fit 21 or 22 F150. Has someone purchased this item and can confirm it's a factory fit with ambient lighting built in?
@Jesse-Infotainment says it fits, I personally have one on order that should be here Monday or Tuesday so I’ll be able to offer verification soon

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Its the part I put in my truck. I also have it on my bench. You know those dealer sites will say it doesnt fit unless you find the exact truck its supposed to be for. IE Platinum or lariat. If you try and pull it with your vin it will say doesn't fit because you dont have it.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Nope. No VIN for me yet. Maybe by June?
Thanks for the reply BTW

CRFuzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat (Ordered)
Received my cup holder assembly today. As described, includes full cup holder assembly with LEDs, light ring, antenna, cup holder. It's about 5 degrees outside so it'll wait a few days before I tear apart the dash. ?
Sponsored

Last edited: