• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Excellent! Can you let us know exactly what FoMoCo PN that you ended up recieving?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here is a video of that part.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I really feel like this is a fluke in fords parts pricing lol. the light ring itself is 18$ the color change lights are around 70 so id assume the ice blue ones from a dealer run 45-60$ the cup holder who knows but most other models are 45-80, and then this includes the key sensor too!! scoop these up while you can guys! i got mine shipped for 30$

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Hint: A number of dealers will provide varying prices for this. I shopped around for one that allowed me to complete the transaction online and give me the option of shipping. My experience ranged from 27 dollars all in to almost 50 dollars. Sasquatch Ford (Area Code 815, Northern IL?) worked the best for me and I am in WA.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
ML3Z-1513562-CB​
Holder - Cup​
$19.14​
1​
$19.14​
Subtotal: $19.14​
Estimated Shipping to 98354 via Standard Shipping: $7.96​
Total: $27.10​

This was Sasquatch Ford.

Sponsored

CRFuzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat (Ordered)
I had just about the same from Varsity Ford. Around $27 with shipping.

qewrtyturdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB Platinum (ordered)
@JHForman812 I have one of your harnesses and I just picked up one of these for $27, now all I need is the truck ?. What is needed to make the harness work with this part?

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
@JHForman812 I have one of your harnesses and I just picked up one of these for $27, now all I need is the truck ?. What is needed to make the harness work with this part?

theres 2 options for you. the connector is different on these cup holders. I can build you a new harness with the connector to fit this. since ive been shafted by people in the past, i would need you to buy the harness and then get a refund once i recieve the old one back. thats one option. the other option is i can build an adapter harness that will plug into the harness you have currently and connect the cup holder also. I will send that for cost of shipping. just let me know what i can do to help.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Here is a video of that part.
The part number on the sticker in that video is different, is that the individual component and the number you listed is the entire assembly?

It just seems odd that the part with lights and all is only $20. That's crazy.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Forgive me if I am repeating a question, I missed. I don't have ambient lighting on my XLT, will this work?

Sponsored

CaptainABC

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
Are the cup holder lights gone from all trim levels of the '22? I have a Platinum on order and definitely want the illuminated cup holders.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
yes @Hackintoshihope is a friend of mine with a 22 platinum it was missing the lighted cup holder, the media bin/glove box lights also. he was also the first 22 F150 I built a harness for.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes. I can. you have to add programming to a few lines in the BCM and APIM. The ambient lighting all comes from the BCM. You need to grab the power and lin bus. Depending on what Ambient you are wanting they are powered different circuit. This info is pertaining to the Cup holder and Foot lighting ONLY. I added those three as of now.

Power is BCM
LIN - BCM C2280B Pin 13
Power - BCM C2280C Pin 4
Ground you can go where is most convenient.

I gave Livnitup the programming a bit ago for the as built. It took ME FOREVER to figure out all the bits to turn on. They are obscure random ones.

If people are going to start this maybe he will add it to his sheet.

Might be possible you can make a harness for this also.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I know there are none on the road, but what are the chances the Lightning (Lariat ER) will use the same wiring and bus commands? I'm guessing the cup holder will be the same and not have the LED lights. Tempted to order the cup holder now. I'm guessing if it doesn't fit I can always sell or for only $25, I'd gladly donate it to a local guy looking for one.

I'll have to rewatch some Lightning videos and look for new ones to see if the cup holders are shown up close.
Sponsored