• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I hope this helps people! PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT BUYING HARNESSES IN THIS THREAD THE MODS WILL REMOVE THE THREAD!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION AND HELP ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive added the part number for the full cup assembly to the thread. ill leave the pictures up for people that want to modify their cup assembly but personally id order the full assembly its cheaper and easy.

Ok guys im going to do my best to do a write up on this, I hope it will help people. Im going to ask for @Antimatter_KingRanch and @Hackintoshihope help out here also. I do not own a 22 F150 but I am trying to help where I can. so with that said lets start the process. These are the parts you need. in the beginning stages of this mod, Ford wasnt sending the cup holders complete. I have not heard of anyone getting a cup holder missing the light ring since June 2022. this issue seems to be resolved.

ML3Z-1513562-CB full cup holder assembly
ML3Z-14A318-C Media bin light
ML3Z-14A411-C Glove box light
Harness for cup holder lights
Harness for media bin/glove box light

1. Remove the 2 Hockey stick side panels fromt the console
2. remove the 2 lower panels from the console
3. unbolt the console
4. disconnect any harnesses theres one on the right that I know of and there may be one on the left
5. slide the console back
6. pop the console trim up holding the cup holders(fold your shifter if you have one)
7. swap out the cup holders
8. find the connection for the console light(large arm rest)
9. the harness with 4 or 5 connectors(depending on how you ordered it) the T section of this harness(2 connectors 2-3" apart) will connect into this light.
10. run the short end forward to the media bin light and connect it to the media bin light
11. the long side of this harness leave hanging out the right side of the console
12. connect the cup holder light harness(has 3 connectors) and leave it hanging out the right side of the console.
13. slide your console back into place(do not bolt it down before ops checking the lights)
14. run the long single connector up to the glove box light and connect it
15. run the harness that now has a T in it to the ambient light in the foot well(see picture below)
16. test the lights, to test the media bin/glove box turn the ignition on, these lights are always on and will remain on for about 15 min after the truck is turned off. to test the cup holders, if its dark out they will come on automatically. if they do not come on you can cover the ambient light sensor, or move your light switch to the parking light position. if you move it to the parking light position and then go back to auto you must go back into sync and turn ambient lights back on.
17 bolt your console back in place and put the panels on and enjoy.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light img_1621_cfada406a4ee63a9709a897a2a8e52a27cf70ca0

now route the harness over towards the center console and fish it through along the side
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light img_1622_7d306dc10701eb1c818b770111b2170b6a2ff9f2

route the harness down along the side like this
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light img_1623_e0225f0857ed012c02c2dad5ffbaaf3c98b56d34

plug it into your cup holders and test everything, to turn ambient lights on for testing i always turn my parking lights on and then go into ambient lighting menu and turn them on to max bright. and heres the finished product
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light imagejpeg_1.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light imagejpeg_0.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light image2.JPEG

I hope this helps people! PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT BUYING HARNESSES IN THIS THREAD THE MODS WILL REMOVE THE THREAD!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION HELP ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light image9_201461504cccfbd4b23cb05d0dffc81121d73e1b

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light image12_40f82dd05bc6ebf4e65c2efbeb71c21cc8d12a29

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light image10_d9433372401c61f353bd1a17526e719bab81d08

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light img_1308_f6e798065108535bac92b7941a682a93d0e65f5d_3b70e3f3baae836dfef72cafacff31610f7ccb34_e19

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light image5_1__5ededcdcb23a9ec625aaa623212a420ce1ef69a3

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Snapchat-885926612.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
I hope this helps people! PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT BUYING HARNESSES IN THIS THREAD THE MODS WILL REMOVE THE THREAD!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION AND HELP ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys im going to do my best to do a write up on this, I hope it will help people. Im going to ask for @Antimatter_KingRanch and @Hackintoshihope help out here also. I do not own a 22 F150 but I am trying to help where I can. so with that said lets start the process. Watch the video to see how to take your dash apart it will make this a lot easier. also if you want to add the climate controls back in with the readouts now is a great time to do it. here is the parts youll need.

HC3Z-14A318-C light ring for cup holders
HC3Z-14A318-E LED lights(I have these available)
ML3Z-14A318-C Media bin light
ML3Z-14A411-C Glove box light
Harness for cup holder lights
Harness for media bin/glove box light

ok take your dash apart

after that is done youre going to remove the side panels on the center console, then you will remove the upper console part that has your cup holders in it. once you have them removed youre going to flip the console over and take apart the cup holders.
image9_201461504cccfbd4b23cb05d0dffc81121d73e1b.jpeg

with your cup holders taken apart youre going to install the light ring
image12_40f82dd05bc6ebf4e65c2efbeb71c21cc8d12a29.jpeg

Im not fully aware about the F150 but on the super duty cup holders you have to trim the plastic around the center screw like this it will allow the light ring to sit flush.
image10_d9433372401c61f353bd1a17526e719bab81d08e.jpeg

on the super duty we have to bend the cup holder holders so they will grip the cups again properly here is where we have to bend ours on the super duty, the F150 might be the same which is why im putting this in here
img_1308_f6e798065108535bac92b7941a682a93d0e65f5d_3b70e3f3baae836dfef72cafacff31610f7ccb34_e19...jpg

now that you have all that done put your cup holder back together and attach the lights like so
image5_1__5ededcdcb23a9ec625aaa623212a420ce1ef69a3.jpeg

ok now you have to run the harnesses i will talk about both here and try my best to explain it. I have not done the media bin/glove box light harness that I make yet but both @Antimatter_KingRanch and @Hackintoshihope have installed it and both say that its a pain in the ass, im hoping they can chime in and offer pointers for people installing it. heres a picture I got from @Antimatter_KingRanch that shows how he routed it. The harness will have 4 connections on it the T end of the harness will plug into your center console light(the big console part where the lid is) the middle connection goes to the media bin light and the last connection on the end goes to the glove box light.
Snapchat-885926612.JPG

Since we are talking about the media bin/glove box lights, it has been reported by @Hackintoshihope that his media bin connector was still there, his glove box connector was not still there. I will continue to build the harness with both connections on it because @Antimatter_KingRanch did not have his media bin connector still there. I also was emailing with a gentleman yesterday that has a 22 that was missing the cup holder lights but had both the media bin and glove box lights still present. the media bin and glove box light just clip into their repsected cutouts currently the media bin has a blanking plate installed there. the glove box i think was just an open hole. one thing id recommend while doing all this is to remove your glove box its extremely easy to remove and gives you access.

now for the cup holders this harness is very easy to run. drop down the felt liner in your passenger foot well like this, youre after the connector I have circled here, unplug it and the harness will T in between it.
img_1621_cfada406a4ee63a9709a897a2a8e52a27cf70ca0.jpg

now route the harness over towards the center console and fish it through along the side
img_1622_7d306dc10701eb1c818b770111b2170b6a2ff9f2.jpg

route the harness down along the side like this
img_1623_e0225f0857ed012c02c2dad5ffbaaf3c98b56d34.jpg

plug it into your cup holders and test everything, to turn ambient lights on for testing i always turn my parking lights on and then go into ambient lighting menu and turn them on to max bright. and heres the finished product
imagejpeg_1.JPG

imagejpeg_0.JPG

image2.JPEG

I hope this helps people! PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT BUYING HARNESSES IN THIS THREAD THE MODS WILL REMOVE THE THREAD!!!!!! THIS THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION HELP ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome write up!

There are 2 ways (that I saw) to fish the wire to the glove box. I was using a "prototype" harness that is a tad shorter than what he's building now, which is why I ran it along the media bin sliding cover as he showed above (the red line).

This requires snaking it around a corner under the main touchscreen. I accomplished this with a flexible grabber (see first pic below), which wasn't fun.

A slightly less unpleasant way would have been the red line on my second pic. Run it down under the side cubby (you can partially un-clip the trim piece between said cubby and floor carpeting), and you can push the connector under the cubby, and then up into the glove box.

I recommend using the push clip attached to the glove box light to hold it up against the steel that frames the glovebox to keep the wire from interfering with the glove box closing (this was especially important on mine, as my glove box has always had an issue staying closed... It fell open on my first drive home from the dealer even...)

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Screenshot_20220123-215705_Gallery

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Screenshot_20220123-215917_Gallery

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Snapchat-119411904

darkjedi007

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Great write up, guys! This will definitely come in handy when I do mine. Now, I’m just waiting on the truck to get built and be delivered…. And a media bin light…

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Tremor, '14 Focus ST
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Has anyone been lucky to find a place local to them that has the rings and media box light available? I thought I had gotten them both and then suddenly today I get a notification that my order was cancelled. Anyone with a lead that might be able to pick them up and send them my way, for a price of course, would be awesome. Or even a link to somewhere that might be holding onto a few.

P/N's for good measure.
ML3Z-14A318-C
HC3Z-14A318-C

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Has anyone been lucky to find a place local to them that has the rings and media box light available? I thought I had gotten them both and then suddenly today I get a notification that my order was cancelled. Anyone with a lead that might be able to pick them up and send them my way, for a price of course, would be awesome. Or even a link to somewhere that might be holding onto a few.

P/N's for good measure.
ML3Z-14A318-C
HC3Z-14A318-C
Try calling oemfordpartsfast.com they might be able to help also try white bear lake ford. It seems Tasca keeps taking peoples money and then canceling orders, is that who you tried ?

Sponsored

Phoenixxlx

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Tremor, '14 Focus ST
Occupation
Freight Train Conductor
Try calling oemfordpartsfast.com they might be able to help also try white bear lake ford. It seems Tasca keeps taking peoples money and then canceling orders, is that who you tried ?
Yep took almost a week before cancelling.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
When I added them to my truck I bought the entire cup holder and it came with the lights and even a new passive antenna for $20

it came fast. Just mentioning incase the individual parts are difficult to get. Maybe the cup holder is not.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
When I added them to my truck I bought the entire cup holder and it came with the lights and even a new passive antenna for $20

it came fast. Just mentioning incase the individual parts are difficult to get. Maybe the cup holder is not.

did you find a used cup holder on ebay? Several guys who have bought harnesses bought a used cup holder but they didnt get it that cheap i dont think lol nice score!!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
did you find a used cup holder on ebay? Several guys who have bought harnesses bought a used cup holder but they didnt get it that cheap i dont think lol nice score!!
No. I bought from ford. I only buy on eBay if I have to. I was surprised that the cup holder had all of it included. I found out when I was changing to push to start from key I needed the cup holder with the antenna mount since they don’t sell the mount alone. When it came it had all of it including the lights, antenna. I’ll get the part number tomorrow. I just ordered from a platinum I think or lariat

Sponsored
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
No. I bought from ford. I only buy on eBay if I have to. I was surprised that the cup holder had all of it included. I found out when I was changing to push to start from key I needed the cup holder with the antenna mount since they don’t sell the mount alone. When it came it had all of it including the lights, antenna. I’ll get the part number tomorrow. I just ordered from a platinum I think or lariat
so the cup holder with lights, passive antenna was only 20 dollars? thats crazy you should definitely post that part number !!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
so the cup holder with lights, passive antenna was only 20 dollars? thats crazy you should definitely post that part number !!
Yes.. Ill try to find it now.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
ML3Z1513562CB

List is $27

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Dude that’s awesome !! Ok I need to put a disclaimer out there, if you guys order this part I need to know so I can configure the harness for it!!
Its the same plug as the one you are using. I added ambient to my STX.. you shouldnt have to change anything. I have an extra one on my bench at the office. I can send you a pic if you need
Sponsored