• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Defaulting to "Guest" Profile

KniceHit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L
Sometimes I get in my truck and realize during the drive that the profile is set as "Guest". I have 2 profiles set but haven't switched it since day one. It was starting to really piss me off. Sound settings are what triggers me to look. I believe I figured it out. If I just hop in and go, it's fine. If I remote start with the app, it changes to guest. Anybody else having this issue? I want to have it always default to profile 1. Any setting that I missing. I think I have been through every menu.
Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Did you set up a "Personal Profile" in the settings for Profile 1 and associate it with your key fob? This worked for me.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
as @frautumn just stated, once you setup your profile, it is essential to setup one of the key fobs to your profile. Maybe keep the other key fob in a different location so that you aren't using both. You may be grabbing the second key and hat may be why it is defaulting to Guest profile.

OP
OP

KniceHit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I'll give adding a key to my profile.

OP
OP

KniceHit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Adding a specific key to my profile did resolve it. Thanks guys.

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I've started having this problem this week. It switches to my profile if I have my fob on me, but I've decided to go strictly to PAAK. So if I remote start and then use PAAK it doesn't seem to switch to my profile.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

MXHanz

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
Classified
I've started having this problem this week. It switches to my profile if I have my fob on me, but I've decided to go strictly to PAAK. So if I remote start and then use PAAK it doesn't seem to switch to my profile.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
I noticed the same thing with mine. I had set the key fob to my profile but not my PAAK device. Once I set my phone to that profile it solved that issue for me. So long story short, associate your fob and phone (if using PAAK) to your profile.

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I noticed the same thing with mine. I had set the key fob to my profile but not my PAAK device. Once I set my phone to that profile it solved that issue for me. So long story short, associate your fob and phone (if using PAAK) to your profile.
That did it, thanks!

I’d thought it was associated with my profile but it was not.
Sponsored