• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Difference from Total MSRP"

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
I wouldn't count on it.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
The day I got my production date email back in March my "Difference in MSRP" went to -$1000. Yes I said minus. I have been afraid to approach the dealer and ask if this is correct. I have the PDF of the change and hope it holds up at delivery.

• Destination and Delivery Charges
    E22
    $1,695.00
  • Total MSRP
    E122
    $79,169.00
  • Difference from Total MSRP
    E24
    -$1,000.00
  • Dealer Selling Price
    E20
    $78,169.00
That is your deposit.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
It's not the deposit, that is accounted for somewhere else. It's showing as a discount overall. First one I've heard of or see on the forum, congrats if it sticks.

Sponsored

CorpZ

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lighning Lariat ER
My dealer just changed the Difference from Total MSRP to $2500 today. Today is also when I got a production date. Not that it will help, but I have a PDF of the original order acceptance at $0 in that area. Hopefully this is an error on their part but I'm not getting my hopes up...
Gotta read those footnotes, E24, aka we can change this if we feel like it, and you can't do anything about it.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Gotta read those footnotes, E24, aka we can change this if we feel like it, and you can't do anything about it.
Speaking of footnotes... So our deposit agrees to the purchase price but that price is subject to change if the dealer feels like they want more or they keep your order as their own? I'll just call Ford and see what they think.
Ford F-150 Lightning "Difference from Total MSRP" Screenshot_2022-05-26-21-39-14-741~2

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I don't see E24. Perhaps it's because I only have a reservation and not an order.

Can you provide a screenshot of the footnote you are referencing?

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Update: I called Ford (not the dealer) and they said that the dealers are allowed to do it and that it seems they have figured out a way to use they system to their advantage - because you either pay the ADM or they keep the truck and sell it for more. So, even though Ford claims to frown upon this, they actually said it's allowed, which is why they were able to add the ADM on their website after I was assigned a VIN. Pretty bad if you ask me...

Sponsored

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Update: I called Ford (not the dealer) and they said that the dealers are allowed to do it and that it seems they have figured out a way to use they system to their advantage - because you either pay the ADM or they keep the truck and sell it for more. So, even though Ford claims to frown upon this, they actually said it's allowed, which is why they were able to add the ADM on their website after I was assigned a VIN. Pretty bad if you ask me...
Umm wtf. This seems extremely fucked up. Now I am scared, I feel like my dealership is the type to sneak in ADM.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Umm wtf. This seems extremely fucked up. Now I am scared, I feel like my dealership is the type to sneak in ADM.
I hope other dealers don't do this, but it's not right how that have the ability to do so. I guess we really don't have a lot of info on this until orders start being delivered. Ford asked if I had a sales agreement, which is weird because my dealers have all said they can't sign an agreement without an actual vehicle in their dealership. So, wouldn't the order acceptance and deposit be the next thing? They said no.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I hope other dealers don't do this, but it's not right how that have the ability to do so. I guess we really don't have a lot of info on this until orders start being delivered. Ford asked if I had a sales agreement, which is weird because my dealers have all said they can't sign an agreement without an actual vehicle in their dealership. So, wouldn't the order acceptance and deposit be the next thing? They said no.
I would contact the state as CA has many consumer protection laws that should apply.

Tonys_F150

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I would contact the state as CA has many consumer protection laws that should apply.
So, I called the dealership now and they claim that there won't be any ADM since it was ordered and not one on their lot. Sounds like people aren't sure what's going on and I'm not sure who changes the order page that shows the markup. Either way, I have all of the documents, so if I need to submit a consumer protection complaint, I can do so. I'm hoping for the best though!

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
You may want to reach out to @mikelevine from Ford on twitter about these dealer shenanigans. The whole purpose of the Lightning wave order invite process was to prevent dealers from the truck arrives at dealer and price jacks up activities that have been going on with Bronco and other models. A bit of pressure from Ford with the dealer losing allocation will have them toeing the line.
Sponsored