• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do Ford "certified" Dealers have better "certified" service technicians - does it matter if the dealer is "certified"

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Yesterday, I was at "my" NH (close to VT border) Ford Dealer to complete one loose end and asked my salesperson about their status as a certified EV Dealer. My Salesperson told me that the owner had decided to pull out for now as a certified dealer but they would have EV "certified" trained service technicians. Furter he told me the EV certification was in the same process made him only a facilitator in the sale. Finally, the dealership sold only a few EVs so it made no sense for the Owner to make the investment at this time.

Should I be concerned and try and fund an EV-certified dealership for "issues"? Ford still lists the dealership as certified. For most maintenance it should not matter - but for some CSPs it might?

What are peoples thoughts and expereinces?
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
An ev certified dealer will have technicians and tooling on hand to service ev's. They are also getting dcfc's.

If it's just an f150 problem, like a window switch, any dealer can do it. When it comes to the batteries, motors, gearboxes and ev specific items then ev certified is the way to go.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have had my truck sitting at a dealer for over a month for a camera problem which they caused by destroying my camera harness when they had the truck for camera calibration after a new front bumper install. All the cameras were working until they started calibrating. The truck came back with 1 camera out of 7 that were working before. Their answer was that they don't have the expertise. Wait, why are you selling 37 EVs that you have on your lot if you can support the future owners? It's nonsense. And, why didn't they tell me sooner so that the truck can be taken elsewhere.

On top of that they damaged my rear bumper likely due to negligence. smh.

elcoop

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT Std battery
Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
Yesterday, I was at "my" NH (close to VT border) Ford Dealer to complete one loose end and asked my salesperson about their status as a certified EV Dealer. My Salesperson told me that the owner had decided to pull out for now as a certified dealer but they would have EV "certified" trained service technicians. Furter he told me the EV certification was in the same process made him only a facilitator in the sale. Finally, the dealership sold only a few EVs so it made no sense for the Owner to make the investment at this time.

Should I be concerned and try and fund an EV-certified dealership for "issues"? Ford still lists the dealership as certified. For most maintenance it should not matter - but for some CSPs it might?

What are peoples thoughts and expereinces?
My small business has used Ford trucks for 27 years. I would suggest that as long as you have a warranty with Ford you have it serviced and repaired by Ford to eliminate questions about whether the technician was qualified or not.
Sponsored