• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro S AWD, Mercedes Metris Passenger Van
I do see the dealer CCS network as a way to extend fast charging into rural areas not covered by typical travel corridors. That could be a huge benefit for those that travel to those areas as they tend to be charging deserts today.
It's hard to imagine that any rural dealer will make this investment. There just isn't any ROI to being an early adopter in low-volume markets.
Sponsored

Mainer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 Pro S AWD, Mercedes Metris Passenger Van
Yeah, we have friends in Northern Maine and there is basically nothing north of Portland.
North of Bangor maybe. There are plenty of spots in coastal and central Maine (not 150+ KW, but plenty of level II and some 50-62.5 KE level III). I live in Portland and am the blue dot on the map. I'm heading to Skowhegan on Monday and will use Hight Ford's level II as well as the municipal Level II in the municipal parking lot. There are is also a 62kw Level III charger at the Hannaford there.

Ford F-150 Lightning Today is a big Ford dealer deadline - EV Certified Mandates & Model e sign-up Screenshot_20221202_170312_PlugShare

And Efficiency Maine has an RFP out to increase charging further North leveraging various Biden-era federal subsidy pools.

https://www.efficiencymaine.com/efficiency-maine-funding-to-expand-ev-charging-in-rural-communities/

There's no question that Quebec is light-years ahead though.

Last edited:

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
I’m very interested in this. There are at least three dealerships I can think of immediately that would fill in some very convenient gaps in CCS/DCFC maps around me. And they’re all pretty close to interstate junctions.

Of course some of them need to realize things are shifting and getting left behind might be spectacular dumbassery.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
https://www.ford.com/dealerships

Click advanced. Click EV certified filter.
Not sure how accurate the list is at this time, but two of my closest dealers show up as certified and neither of them have any chargers out front.

Another tidbit is that one of them wanted me to leave my truck there for two weeks before they could look at it, not fix it, look at it...the other is scheduling appointments in the middle of January.

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
With the deadline just yesterday, I'd expect it will be some time before the list is updated and somewhat accurate.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Not sure how accurate the list is at this time, but two of my closest dealers show up as certified and neither of them have any chargers out front.

Another tidbit is that one of them wanted me to leave my truck there for two weeks before they could look at it, not fix it, look at it...the other is scheduling appointments in the middle of January.
They might be on the side of the building or similar.

My dealer has 1 level 2 charger, on the side of the building, and not well marked. They are certified and one of the largest dealers in the state.

Honestly, I don't see a huge purpose for L2 charging for consumers, but it will be required for service and probably loaner. L3 is a great way to leverage Ford's dealership network as a market advantage.

Has Ford said anything about how L3 will work? Will other brands be welcome? Perhaps at a different price..? Will be interesting.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
They might be on the side of the building or similar.
Considering all the other requirements I think the L2 charger will be the least of their problems, but for us consumers it's the easiest way to "spot them". One of the two kept insisting on having to have a "trans guy" to look into the clicking sound, not their EV certified guy or any of that, just a "trans guy".

Also, if I look in my area, ALL of them are "certified" which seems a bit weird so I'm wondering if they at this stage are all considered "certified" by default and the ones who doesn't follow through will eventually get removed.
Sponsored