• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning?

OP
OP

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
They didn’t do any trimming. And you don’t really have to. It just sits better if you do. Even with the trimming it doesn’t sit great, you’ll notice you see a bit of sheet metal past the inside edge of the mud flap. If it sat better there’s less metal showing. But it’ll still show no matter what. The ICE lips are 90 degrees and about a 1/4” more shallow.
Thank you. I now see what you are talking about. I'm okay with how it is for now until a release comes out specifically for the Lightning. It's doing it's job of keeping all that dirt and rocks off of my truck.
Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Which clip?
Those metal clips at the top of the flap, there are 2 on each. The guy in the video left them off.

They didn’t do any trimming. And you don’t really have to. It just sits better if you do. Even with the trimming it doesn’t sit great, you’ll notice you see a bit of sheet metal past the inside edge of the mud flap. If it sat better there’s less metal showing. But it’ll still show no matter what. The ICE lips are 90 degrees and about a 1/4” more shallow.
I ended up trimming the fronts to go around the plastic factory part (the thin plastic 'rib' that attempts to stick to the fender), and otherwise left stuff alone. They don't fit particularly well, so I'm kinda bummed about that. However, I need SOMETHING thanks to my gravel driveway, and left it close enough to stock that I can replace them with whatever Ford/etc comes up with made specifically for the lightning.

I'd give them about a 6/10 overall, and would only recommend them if you were in a situation like me: where you need 1/2 way decent and factory-ish looking mudflaps thanks to roughish terrain.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Thank you. I now see what you are talking about. I'm okay with how it is for now until a release comes out specifically for the Lightning. It's doing it's job of keeping all that dirt and rocks off of my truck.
Yep, exactly this! I'm glad I didn't modify my truck in any way besides the nutplate things/replacing the christmas trees, and look forward to seeing whatever made specifically for the lightning comes out.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
User experience: No noticable decrease in range, I do a very consistent route and got basically the exact same mileage calc.

#1 Scuba

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F350,1997 F350
Just ordered a set of GatorBack Mud Flaps from SharpTruck made specifically for the 2022 - 2023 Ford Lightning.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I inquired with the folks at Rokblokz about their 2021+ F-150 mud flaps fitting on the Lightning. They told me the fronts do fit, but the rears aren’t a direct fit. Looking at the pictures posted by @TheJackel2013 I think the Rokblokz can be made to fit, so I went ahead and ordered them today.

My question to them:

I’m looking for mud flaps for my 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning. The edges of the fenders are different than a standard F-150, with a 45 degree chamfer, but looking at the install video it appears the ones for the standard F-150 may work. It really depends on how far the mounting plates tuck behind the fender edges. It seems like the mounting plates could be trimmed to fit if necessary. Do you have any confirmation if these can work on the Lightning or not? Thanks!

Here is the answer I got from Rokblokz:

While we have not tested ourselves, we have actually recently received word from another customer that the fronts are compatible, yet the rears do not match. We are working to validate ourselves, but I have also attached the instructions for our Ford F-150 fitment for you to review as well if you'd like.

My response that I sent with some pictures:

I took delivery of my truck yesterday, so now I can make a more accurate comparison. I’m attaching some pictures of what I see on mine, which does have the inner fender liners installed. The main difference on the rear looks to be the plastic guard at the bottom and the angled edge of the fender opening. Maybe I can get the plastic guards off a regular F-150 to replace the odd ones on the Lightning. If the holes in the fender are the same and I could trim the piece that tucks behind the edge of the fender the current design might work. Please check out the pics and let me know what you think.

Their second response:

Thank you for those photos!

As we cannot advise any modifications - we will pass this information and photos to our design team. We appreciate the information and feedback that was given.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
The main problem is that the shape of the fender corners is different, front and back. The front factory ones definitely fit BETTER, but both have the same problem of 2 45s vs 1 90 angle.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The main problem is that the shape of the fender corners is different, front and back. The front factory ones definitely fit BETTER, but both have the same problem of 2 45s vs 1 90 angle.
I’m slightly concerned about the cavity formed by using the regular Ford flaps against the 2 45 degree edges. The Rokblokz I ordered only touch the inner surface of the fender opening and I will line that area with Xpel door edge PPF.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I installed the Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear on my Pro today. The front bolt on according to the instructions, the rear were more of a project but ended up working just fine with some modifications. The biggest difference on the rear is that one of the holes to attach the bracket that tucks fender isn’t there. I used their metal angle bracket to secure the bottom of that tuck behind bracket. The hole to do this is not in the bracket as shown in their YouTube install video, so I had to drill some. Unfortunately those didn’t line up with the mud flaps, so another hole and hardware was needed. If they make a specific fit for the Lightning later I might ask them to send me the rear parts, but for now I’m pleased with the fit of the ICE ones.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I installed the Rokblokz mud flaps front and rear on my Pro today. The front bolt on according to the instructions, the rear were more of a project but ended up working just fine with some modifications. The biggest difference on the rear is that one of the holes to attach the bracket that tucks fender isn’t there. I used their metal angle bracket to secure the bottom of that tuck behind bracket. The hole to do this is not in the bracket as shown in their YouTube install video, so I had to drill some. Unfortunately those didn’t line up with the mud flaps, so another hole and hardware was needed. If they make a specific fit for the Lightning later I might ask them to send me the rear parts, but for now I’m pleased with the fit of the ICE ones.
Pics please!

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pics please!
Here you go. I ran some 1/2” PPF tape anywhere the flaps touch the paint. They are very sturdy and I prefer the look over the factory mud flaps.

Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? 37FC1D29-BE6C-4947-8DC5-734FF9137562
Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? 428BE3C7-A0B4-4925-8DE9-D39C7E949381
Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? 5BA41451-21D0-47CE-B3C0-7CC1849D8132
Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? 25C2A498-18C7-4048-BF8F-B82A05CD0FD8
Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? 5520B880-59A7-43B7-8534-616CEDE9D584
Ford F-150 Lightning Do ICE F-150 mud flaps fit the Lightning? FA41947F-761F-400F-B6CA-0FB65EA09B5B