• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do your rear seats lift up without using latch tab?

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I have had Katzkins installed on my XLT 312a, and I think Im just now realizing there may be an issue with how the rear seats latch. I can lift both seats up without pulling the latch tab on the sides. Once lifted they dont always latch and require a bit of a slam. Then the latch tab works and must be pulled and they come down, but no clicking or latching there ar the bottom.
Im pretty sure the new covers are interfering with the latch. Do your seats need the tab pulled before lifting?
The installation was down so poorly by the dealership, Im hesitant to go back to them. They even forgot to tighten the bolts down, scary!
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have had Katzkins installed on my XLT 312a, and I think Im just now realizing there may be an issue with how the rear seats latch. I can lift both seats up without pulling the latch tab on the sides. Once lifted they dont always latch and require a bit of a slam. Then the latch tab works and must be pulled and they come down, but no clicking or latching there ar the bottom.
Im pretty sure the new covers are interfering with the latch. Do your seats need the tab pulled before lifting?
The installation was down so poorly by the dealership, Im hesitant to go back to them. They even forgot to tighten the bolts down, scary!
The seat lifts up without any release needed. It should stay up and latch. To lower, pull the release tabs on the side of the seat. There is no latching in the lowered position.

OP
OP
Madasahatter1138

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Oh thanks, so they're Ok..whew

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
the 40 split on mine easily latches up, the 60 needs a bit more of a push to lock in place.

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Yea I wondered if my were defective too. The lock mechanism on the 60% side worked so I assumed everything was ok.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Almost crashed a few times before I learned to make sure the 60% side was latched up. I'd be driving along and hear a loud boom, wondering what the hell just hit me?!! After my heartbeat returned to a reasonable rate, realized it's just the unlatched seat banging down.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Down locks are only on the lockable rear storage option. Uplocks are tricky sometimes, It usually only happens once that you don't lock it up. The noise is startling.
Sponsored