• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Door open beeping

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
Anyone else notice that a beeping was added for a door being open in the last update? I had never had the beeping when a door was open, and now it is there. I don't think I changed anything either. Maybe one of the kids... ANy idea on if this can be turned off? I tried looking through all the menus, but I could not find it. I am not a huge fan of the loud-ish beeping, but I can live with it. Would love to turn it off is possible.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Some Mach-Es have an issue with the headlight switch where the lights are on even though the switch is in the auto position. The first symptom noticed is the chimes. Might be worth checking.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some Mach-Es have an issue with the headlight switch where the lights are on even though the switch is in the auto position. The first symptom noticed is the chimes. Might be worth checking.
Well, that was it. Apparently, that glitch exists on my Lightning as well. May have happened after the recall software update. All I did to get it to stop was moving the switch out of Auto and then back to Auto.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, that was it. Apparently, that glitch exists on my Lightning as well. May have happened after the recall software update. All I did to get it to stop was moving the switch out of Auto and then back to Auto.
Yes - thatā€˜s the same workaround used on the Mach-E. AFAIK, thereā€™s still no permanent fix for the problem. And on vehicles with the problem, itā€™s likely to reoccur.

OP
OP
yed19

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes - thatā€˜s the same workaround used on the Mach-E. AFAIK, thereā€™s still no permanent fix for the problem. And on vehicles with the problem, itā€™s likely to reoccur.
I would venture a guess that it is an issue when they do the software changes. So having to rotate that switch after a software update is not a big deal. I would hope though that they fix that in the updates though. Seems simple enough.

If Ford is listening, have your software team look at the lighting code and update that code to fix this issue. I had just received the recall update for the TPMS.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Same thing happened to me. My partner was very impressed when I diagnosed the problem.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
amusingly this hasn't happened on my Mach-E but has happened on the Lightning once already.

I didn't realize until FordPass warned me. šŸ˜…

Ford F-150 Lightning Door open beeping Screenshot_20220804-201925_FordPass

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This has been going on for a year now. Hard to imagine Ford doesnā€™t have a fix yet.

Paulightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Cobra, 1995 Bronco, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I noticed one day my lights were on for no good reason. Switch was in auto mode, and I had to cycle it to get them to go off.
Sponsored