• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driving into the Kansas charging abyss this weekend

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I do wish there were more chargers on the East side of Harrisburg. I go down i88 to i81..then 15 south to Gettysburg.

The Scranton charger is a bit off highway, prefer to deep charge in Harrisburg since we stop there for food anyway.
(The only dcfc in area is way west of town-- Carlisle)
You can try the ChargePoint at Faulkner Hyundai. There are two 62 kW stations for 0.20/kW and a J1772 for free. They are beside the showroom and available 24/7. Not a bad option if you aren’t towing (the setup is too tight to use with a trailer).
Sponsored

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
Discovering the inanity of charging station design. When I arrived a Tesla was charging which prevented me from connecting. Two Fords can charge at one time or two Teslas can charge but not one of each.
Glad to see your trip went ok. Looks like the weather gods and traffic gods conspired to make everything work.

If you pull in a bit short the North slot both cables will reach the port. That's how I use it, but your ahem! rear end will hang out a bit into the drive lane.

Because there are so few CCS DCFC ports around KC IME regularly find TSLA folks blocking the station when they use it. Other than EA all the installs are 2 units so doesn't take a lot to block and the TSLA dongle only gives them ~40 kw IIRC. So end up with long duration obstruction. Suks! everytime.:confused:

OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Glad to see your trip went ok. Looks like the weather gods and traffic gods conspired to make everything work.

If you pull in a bit short the North slot both cables will reach the port. That's how I use it, but your ahem! rear end will hang out a bit into the drive lane.

Because there are so few CCS DCFC ports around KC IME regularly find TSLA folks blocking the station when they use it. Other than EA all the installs are 2 units so doesn't take a lot to block and the TSLA dongle only gives them ~40 kw IIRC. So end up with long duration obstruction. Suks! everytime.:confused:
I sent a comment to EVgo with pictures asking them remove that design from their plans. I see the quandary though. Set up a charging station fairly close to a shopping mall entrance and they probably want to minimize the number of parking slots that are impacted.

But the main problem is there are only two locations in the entire metro area (1.7 million people) with CCS DCFC that will charge above 100 KWh. Perhaps Kansas City hasn't figured out that travelers may drive EV's to Kansas City as a trip destination.

OP
OP
p52Ranch

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Finally a 50 kWh charging option in the middle of the abyss. Chanute Kansas.
Ford F-150 Lightning Driving into the Kansas charging abyss this weekend image
Sponsored