• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Efficiency at 70 vs. 75 vs. 80 on highway?

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Thanks for turning this into simple to understand numbers. So much better a way to look at things. For me, an extra 55 minutes is worth $23.
I just got a Lightning LAriat ER and drive from AZ to CA (1,000 miles rouind trip) every few months and found this thread trying to see roughly what the kw used at different speeds.

I used ot take my Tesla on the same trip many times and uses about 1/2 the kw on the freeway as the Lightning. My trips usually cost me about $60-$65 total depanding of if I charge at my friends house when I get there).

The last trip I did in the Tesla, I went way over the speed limit and got home much faster but it cost about $45 more.

I think in the big heavy truck I'll set the cruise 75-80 and see what happens. I do have the adapter so I don't have to worry about any unknowns with the EZ network.
In the 10yrs I've been driving Tesla's, I've never had an issue at a Supercharger. Being able to Supercharge on trips with the Ford is partially why I bought the truck. 😁