• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Efficiency boasting ;)

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Thought a thread to share trips we're proud of could be fun. I've got 2500 miles so far and ranging anywhere from 2-2.5 miles/kwh. Today drove up and over a regional mountain range, and thought it was pretty cool to see an estimated nearly 30 miles of regen over a ~100 mile trip. Love to think about that energy having previously been wasted, now recaptured.
Ford F-150 Lightning Efficiency boasting ;) Screenshot_20220727-222125
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I'm planning a trip to SW VA. Efficiency will be garbage on the way there, but great on the way back.

My only true experience of range anxiety came when I once took my Model S on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I charged up at the bottom of the mountain with what I believed to be enough to get me to the next station, but after climbing the mountain to get to the parkway, the GOM said I would not make it. By that time I knew about regen on the way down, but I didn't know if it would be enough.

As I continually monitored the estimated range vs. miles to destination, I could see things stopped getting worse (a relief) but I was still not going to make it according to the estimate. However, when I got off the parkway and headed back down the other side, I could see the GOM start to go up even as the miles ticked by. I did everything I could to avoid using the friction brakes so I could maximize regen. Eventually the computer estimated I would make it to the other side, and I actually made it with 7% remaining. I even met the EPA rated efficiency for the car on that leg of the trip! (It was about 80 degrees that day.)

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack - just sharing another case of mountain regen being a thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
A07A8616-5C34-400F-B32A-5CF8BEE43C70.jpg
Check the time stamps and do the math.:unsure:
Oh man, yeah, something way off there, that's too bad. And fair point, especially when I was complaining elsewhere that the My EV Driving log isn't capturing all of my trips in the first place.

In my case, the one I posted originally, it was pretty close/exactly what I was seeing in the truck itself, at least in terms of perkWh efficiency. I wish the truck could also tell you/confirm the regen miles too.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Is there a place that keeps track of lifetime efficiency? If not I'm planning to leave Trip 2 as a lifetime efficiency calculator. It's kind of funny that after all these years they are still stuck on this two trip setup. With the current technology it would be easy to make it 4 or 10 trip calculators. Even better, allow for "legs" within the trip calculator like "laps" on a stopwatch. Someone needs to do some innovating with the old trip log design!

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Is there a place that keeps track of lifetime efficiency? If not I'm planning to leave Trip 2 as a lifetime efficiency calculator. It's kind of funny that after all these years they are still stuck on this two trip setup. With the current technology it would be easy to make it 4 or 10 trip calculators. Even better, allow for "legs" within the trip calculator like "laps" on a stopwatch. Someone needs to do some innovating with the old trip log design!
Exactly what I'm doing. Just rolled over first 1000km. (621 miles)

Ford F-150 Lightning Efficiency boasting ;) 20220810_071211

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Wow, 34% non-driving energy usage? That seems really high. Has it been really hot there?

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Great minds think alike. But so do sick ones. 😀

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Wow, 34% non-driving energy usage? That seems really high. Has it been really hot there?
There has been a heat wave here in Vancouver for the past 2 weeks. This morning was the first time since I got my truck that I haven't had to run the AC. :cool:
Sponsored