• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EV Club Charging

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Is anyone enrolled in this or tried it? https://www.evclub.app/
The last question in the FAQ could pose a problem:
How often does EV Club check my vehicle status?
We don't check your vehicle. Instead, your data is transmitted at regular intervals to your car maker. We merely request the latest information from them throughout the day.
Ford seems to have locked down their telematics to third parties recently. They locked it once and then it worked for my VA Mileage Choice Program (pro-rates the EV clean energy fee that replaces gas tax) for several months. After several additional months of emails from the vendor EMOVIS saying that Ford was working with them to restore direct telematic odometer reporting, they gave up and sent me an OBDII dongle. The customer service agent said that it was not going to be possible to get direct reporting from Ford fuel efficient vehicles.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Nope, they want Ford account login. No thanks.
If that’s true, giving them your Ford logon credentials is a violation of Ford’s terms of service.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Important question to me that's missing from the FAQ is how does this company make money?
It's in there, including solar. In short, RECs and sponsors/advertising.

How am I able to charge for Free? What’s the catch?
Your complimentary or discounted charging sessions are made possible through support from sponsors, advertisers, and carbon credits earned by charging your vehicle. Many EV drivers are unaware of how they generate carbon credits or how to leverage them for financial benefit. We utilize your data strategically, capitalizing on aggregation and bulk discounts. In essence, our diverse revenue sources allow us to extend most of the benefits back to you.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
The last question in the FAQ could pose a problem:

Ford seems to have locked down their telematics to third parties recently. They locked it once and then it worked for my VA Mileage Choice Program (pro-rates the EV clean energy fee that replaces gas tax) for several months. After several additional months of emails from the vendor EMOVIS saying that Ford was working with them to restore direct telematic odometer reporting, they gave up and sent me an OBDII dongle. The customer service agent said that it was not going to be possible to get direct reporting from Ford fuel efficient vehicles.
That explains why Va Mileage Choice did not even give me the option to use the Ford telmetrics when I registered my 2023 Lightning for the program.

I've been using the dongles on my 2012 Nissan Leaf and our 2015 Prius since the program was announced.

Had some issues in the early days:

The dongles report the info periodically (not sure what the schedule is) and since my Leaf is garaged where no signals can penetrate, there are a lot of long gaps in reporting the mileage info. which made me wonder if the thing was working. I had to try multiple times to get confirmation the thing was working from the vendor. Worked right from the start with the Prius though.

Also, at some point last year, they had a computer glitch and started charging me for money I didn't owe. Then I'd dispute the charge with the CC company, then VMC would charge me again. Happened multiple times before they fixed it. A big pain in the butt.

But it should save me $$ so, worth the small hassles.
Sponsored