• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
YouTuber @BuckleUpButtercupTV
Hey guys! I'm Krista and am new to the forum. I usually spend my time on the new Bronco stuff, however, SEMA has invited me (my YouTube Channel, Buckle Up Buttercup) to SEMA garage to get an exclusive look at the lightning next week. I wanted to come on here to see what content would you like to see, are there specific questions that you want answered? I know first hand how it is to order a vehicle and wait so long for answers, so thought I would come on here to see if there is anything that you would like to see or know! I appreciate any feedback!
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Could you ask if anything from the ICE FX4 package is shared underneath the truck.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
As someone who is in and out of a truck all day on the farm, I would love to know about turning off some of the chimes and sounds and lights. I really want a remote mode for feeding and going through gates, but that's unlikely. I would also love to host a visit on my farm with the F150 electric team.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I watch your Bronco channel!?. Would you please ask if they plan on more Pro Standard Range being offered than they did for 2022, when the 2023 ordering opens up? I think that’s a question a lot of us would like to know. Thank you!

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
We've heard conflicting information about the range. Originally, they said they were being conservative and basing everything on having a 1000 pound load.

If that were true, we would expect the EPA estimates to be higher unless the EPA also assumes a 1000 pound load.

Also, Ford said that we should expect the first deliveries in the Spring... I'd love to know when they expect the LAST of the 22 model year to be delivered. It would be a shame to order a truck in January, then take delivery in the fall... just as 23 model years are being shipped.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
As someone who is in and out of a truck all day on the farm, I would love to know about turning off some of the chimes and sounds and lights. I really want a remote mode for feeding and going through gates, but that's unlikely. I would also love to host a visit on my farm with the F150 electric team.
Yes, will there be a simple way to turn off or change the Ford startup chime? It's my biggest hesitation about owning a Ford.

5ohbrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Expedition
This being a SEMA event, I’d like to know if aftermarket power running boards from the ICE F150 will work. Also, will it be possible to raise or lower (suspension mods) and accompanying wheel tire alterations? With the suspension being unique to the Lightning, I’d like to know if 34s and a level will be possible with relative ease, like maybe coil spring spacers all around? I know every one will get their knickers in a knot about anything that impacts range, but I’m sure there are a fair number of people around here that would like to know what’s involved

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I have a similar question as FarmFord42. Will we be able to turn off the low speed pedestrian alerts. I also have a ranch and don’t want the cows thinking the pedestrian alert sound is the new feed truck sound. Also I will use the Lightning while hunting and don’t want extra noise in that situation either.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I have a similar question as FarmFord42. Will we be able to turn off the low speed pedestrian alerts. I also have a ranch and don’t want the cows thinking the pedestrian alert sound is the new feed truck sound. Also I will use the Lightning while hunting and don’t want extra noise in that situation either.
Most, if not all, EVs have a dedicated speaker to produce the sound...seems like a simple task of disconnecting the wires to stop the sound. I'm more interested in changing the sound to what I want it to play.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Most, if not all, EVs have a dedicated speaker to produce the sound...seems like a simple task of disconnecting the wires to stop the sound. I'm more interested in changing the sound to what I want it to play.
I recommend Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I recommend Highway to Hell by AC/DC.
That is actually one of my choices to play. Another one is the rumble of a Harley-Davidson engine.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Owner/3rd party API access or fleet/owner statistic tracking service from Ford. See if they're familiar with TeslaFi or Teslascope.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The truck throws an error code if the speaker is physically disconnected. Someone sells a delete kit which is just a fancy package for a 4 ohm resistor. It's also possible to do it through FORScan. These were designed for the Powerboost but should also apply to the Lightning. I can't imagine the Lightning pedestrian sounder system is any different than the Powerboost and from what I can tell the relevant Lightning asbuilt codes are shared with the F150 ICE.

I would think you could rig up a relay to the speaker leads that would let you activate a playback device.
Sponsored