• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Experience with Blue Cruise

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I received the OTA updates that enabled Blue Cruise for me last week. I had a chance to drive from the NorCal Bay Area Peninsula to Lake Tahoe and back this week, traveling mostly on the 101 and 80 through Sacramento. My experience with Blue Cruise was generally good.

Here are some observations:
- Blue Cruise is pretty cool. I used it either with my hands off the wheel, or resting on the wheel but not having to worry about being scolded for taking my hands off the wheel, as it does with Active Cruise
- The steering seems to be more accurate and less jerky compared to just Active Cruise with Lane Assist
- Blue Cruise stayed on for most parts of the 101 and 80 but there were times (roughly once every 10 minutes or so) when it would revert back to Active Cruise, and later back to Blue Cruise. This wasn't a problem, but you do need to be engaged and pay attention
- On this point, if you look away from the road for more than a few seconds the system will warn you
- Active Cruise is available even on many smaller roads, like the 89 that connects the 80 and Squaw Valley (if I'm allowed to say that anymore). Blue Cruise, though, is only available on major roads, and not the entirety of those roads

For those who have Blue Cruise, what do you think?
Sponsored

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I only tried it for about 40 minutes last night in the rain but it did remarkably well. I didn't even think it would kick on with the rain but it did and kept in the lines much better than just lane keeping. I haven't figured out what triggers it to drop off from time to time but it does require you to keep your attention on everything (as it should).

I can 100% confirm it will not activate while towing a trailer. Not that I think it should work, but did test it out.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I received the OTA updates that enabled Blue Cruise for me last week. I had a chance to drive from the NorCal Bay Area Peninsula to Lake Tahoe and back this week, traveling mostly on the 101 and 80 through Sacramento. My experience with Blue Cruise was generally good.

Here are some observations:
- Blue Cruise is pretty cool. I used it either with my hands off the wheel, or resting on the wheel but not having to worry about being scolded for taking my hands off the wheel, as it does with Active Cruise
- The steering seems to be more accurate and less jerky compared to just Active Cruise with Lane Assist
- Blue Cruise stayed on for most parts of the 101 and 80 but there were times (roughly once every 10 minutes or so) when it would revert back to Active Cruise, and later back to Blue Cruise. This wasn't a problem, but you do need to be engaged and pay attention
- On this point, if you look away from the road for more than a few seconds the system will warn you
- Active Cruise is available even on many smaller roads, like the 89 that connects the 80 and Squaw Valley (if I'm allowed to say that anymore). Blue Cruise, though, is only available on major roads, and not the entirety of those roads

For those who have Blue Cruise, what do you think?
When you say “Active Cruise is available” is that any different than current Lane Centering + Adaptive Cruise Control? I ask mainly because in my experience that has always worked more or less everywhere with lane markings. Curious if there is something in between.

I’m Early Access still stuck on 2.5.1. Been going back and forth with OTA team trying to get it figured out. Hopefully get something soon! Glad it worked well for you!

OP
OP
Lippy

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
When you say “Active Cruise is available” is that any different than current Lane Centering + Adaptive Cruise Control?
One and the same. I was referring to adaptive cruise.