• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue cruise OTA?

Scrbumm11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Air Force
Is it ever coming, anyone have any idea?
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
It is never coming.

No we don't know. It is on new vehicles built recently, so it is just a matter of time.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer, 2021 F150
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
It is never coming.

No we don't know. It is on new vehicles built recently, so it is just a matter of time.
I agree. Just don't know if it'll be a WiFi update or dealer installed.

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost
I agree. Just don't know if it'll be a WiFi update or dealer installed.
A rep from Ford Vehicle Technology Escalations told me that when Blue Cruise becomes available for my truck Ford will notify me. She also said not to expect it until maybe Q2 2022. I'll have to pay a $600 fee for three years of BC service, and then its pushed to my vehicle. So I'd imagine its just a WiFi/OTA update. Ford will likely send out emails or letters in the mail just as soon as it's available since they're gonna want that extra cash.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Neat. I had planned on using BC for my 4Q road trips this year and sadly did not get to use it then. Now my 10-day Texas to Yellowstone trek in June 2022 may be in jeopardy of not having BC either.
That is extremely frustrating because I opted to spend about $10k more than I planned just so I could grab a platinum with the prep package.

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
If it makes anyone feel better, I have Job 2 truck and BC worked once, on the first day of ownership. Hasn't worked since then.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
I spoke with Ford customer relations this week, I have a Feb 2021 build Limited, after hearing my dissatisfaction with my truck I was told to take the truck to the dealership and they will activate Blue Cruise and catch me up on all of the OTA's that I haven't gotten, I'm dropping the truck of Friday.....pretty sure this is BS but I'll let you know what happens

Last edited:

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I spoke with Ford customer relations this week, I have a Feb 2020 build Limited, after hearing my dissatisfaction with my truck I was told to take the truck to the dealership and they will activate Blue Cruise and catch me up on all of the OTA's that I haven't gotten, I'm dropping the truck of Friday.....pretty sure this is BS but I'll let you know what happens
Please do.

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I spoke with Ford customer relations this week, I have a Feb 2020 build Limited, after hearing my dissatisfaction with my truck I was told to take the truck to the dealership and they will activate Blue Cruise and catch me up on all of the OTA's that I haven't gotten, I'm dropping the truck of Friday.....pretty sure this is BS but I'll let you know what happens
Whatever happened when you took it in?

Sponsored

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
I dropped it off yesterday (Friday), scheduled to look at it Monday, I'll post the outcome.
Will be interesting to see when the dealers begin uploading this software.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
If it makes anyone feel better, I have Job 2 truck and BC worked once, on the first day of ownership. Hasn't worked since then.
Went ahead and took mine in for the BC issue. Dealer claimed that one of the front cameras had lost calibration, and that the IR sensor plug on the door panel wasn't completely seated. Shocker.
BC works now.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Did you get anywhere?

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I dropped it off yesterday (Friday), scheduled to look at it Monday, I'll post the outcome.
So what was the outcome at the dealor. Were they able to activate BC
Sponsored