• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Are you sure about that? I ask, because according to the order guide, push button start is mentioned on 312A and higher, and is not mentioned on 311A and the Pro.
What's actually shows in the order guide is:
Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start (incl. Approach Detection and SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad, Driver's Side)
That's different than just push button start. According to the spec sheet it is standard:

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Packaging Guide 1645445174145
Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
What's actually shows in the order guide is:
Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start (incl. Approach Detection and SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad, Driver's Side)
That's different than just push button start. According to the spec sheet it is standard:

1645445174145.png
That is the old pre-release specs paperwork. I have that. I heard that the Ford guy on the third stream, which I missed, (from posts on Reddit) that he said the Pro and 311A trims will have key power.

In the current order guide from Feb 17, it does not mention Intelligent Access with Push-Button start, or just plain push button start, for the Pro and 311A trims. Look at page 6, 311A is greyed out, 312A has "I" for included.

Last edited:

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
That is the old pre-release specs paperwork. I have that. I heard that the Ford guy on the third stream, which I missed, (from posts on Reddit) that he said the Pro and 311A trims will have key power.

In the current order guide from Feb 17, it does not mention Intelligent Access with Push-Button start, or just plain push button start, for the Pro and 311A trims. Look at page 6, 311A is greyed out, 312A has "I" for included.

They need to clarify that then because their spec sheet on their website hast push button start standard, still.

I heard a Ford guy say I could get 400 miles of range.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford marketing department for the Lightning could do a better job in describing the specifications of each model, or 'trim' level - the differentiations between these should be a LOT clearer, and the lack of information about some items, i.e., cruise control. It's gets very confusing with the 'columns' of 'Standard' versus 'Optional' versus 'not included' parts of the equation. All of the '*' asterisks give even more complications.
Ford, why not just devote a single section to EACH different model or trim level. Saving pages is o.k., but confusing customers is another. Trying to 'compare' each level almost seems to complicate things even more. Simply BOLD each item that is different than the level below.

The order website seems to be similar. You see 'optional' items that are already checked, yet some that are still showing with a 'check' option, as though you can choose it, even though it is ALREADY included.....strange.

I'm sure that the amount of trim levels and options make this a daunting task, but I think Ford's been doing this long enough to know how to use technology to make it much more readily understood. Even the 110A and 512B 'codes' seem to gray the understanding, too. Their information about these 'codes' is even lacking.

Deleted member 9341

Ford marketing department for the Lightning could do a better job in describing the specifications of each model, or 'trim' level - the differentiations between these should be a LOT clearer, and the lack of information about some items, i.e., cruise control. It's gets very confusing with the 'columns' of 'Standard' versus 'Optional' versus 'not included' parts of the equation. All of the '*' asterisks give even more complications.
Ford, why not just devote a single section to EACH different model or trim level. Saving pages is o.k., but confusing customers is another. Trying to 'compare' each level almost seems to complicate things even more. Simply BOLD each item that is different than the level below.

The order website seems to be similar. You see 'optional' items that are already checked, yet some that are still showing with a 'check' option, as though you can choose it, even though it is ALREADY included.....strange.

I'm sure that the amount of trim levels and options make this a daunting task, but I think Ford's been doing this long enough to know how to use technology to make it much more readily understood. Even the 110A and 512B 'codes' seem to gray the understanding, too. Their information about these 'codes' is even lacking.
The functionality/usability/intuitiveness really is shockingly horrible and it’s been that way for years. I don’t get it either. It’s almost like they never look at other websites to see how poorly they compare.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
there is no such thing as a 'keyed' ignition for a EV all-electric vehicle - they are all push button 'start', to turn 'on'... they've been videod in many shots... even my 2015 Nissan Leaf has a 'push button' start, as they all do.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
it will also have 'cruise control', although you'll see it's not specifically mentioned, as they all do ... while we might think 'everything' has to be mentioned or spelled out specifically, they are not.

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
The Tech Specs on that page, is the same thing you can find here, which was published BEFORE the current ordering guide.

So, unless I can see a Pro or XLT 311A in person before I am able to order, I am going to believe it uses a key for vehicle power.
No need to continue speculating, there’s a ford customer service hotline for lightning. Call them, and get an answer from the horse’s mouth. 1 (800) 334-4375

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
it will also have 'cruise control', although you'll see it's not specifically mentioned, as they all do ... while we might think 'everything' has to be mentioned or spelled out specifically, they are not.
That's not a given. Several manufacturers don't include cruise control on their base trims--even for EVs. It's no more or less electronics to implement it as standard across all vehicle trims but manufacturers don't for price segmentation (or who knows why if that's not the reason).

Also, while I agree all trims are more likely than not to come with some form of push button start people need to be aware of the packages aren't worded particularly well. After spending way too much time studying the forms it started to become clear that the Pro, even if it does have push-button start, won't have keyless entry nor phone as a key.

I believe XLT won't have keyless entry unless the $10K tech package is added. It's been a week since I read through it but if I'm wrong on that I'm correct in that the standard XLT won't have phone as a key.

Essentially, from my reading of it, you have to spend at least $60K to get a vehicle that you can drive with the key in your pocket or purse. We haven't even gotten into the seat controls or memory features, all of which have been in production vehicles for well over ten years. I imagine that's at least some of the reason Ford wasn't expecting for some many XLT and Pro orders as compared to their tech packaged trims and Lariats.

That analysis drove me into an $80K Lariat. I already tried the numbers game with the ID4 and, sadly, it became somewhat of a joke to my wife that the ID4 had less technology than her 10 year old Touareg save the EV propulsion. Some, no doubt, chuckle when they read I switched my configuration four times. But imagine this: every time I got off the phone with the dealership she asked me, "so it's got keyless like my Touareg, right?" Yes. "and I can't just leave the key in my purse when I'm loading the kids up, right?" Well...that's an extra $10K. ...back on the phone. "The seats are going to adjust personally for me when I have my key in my purse like my Touareg already does, right?" Well...that's going to be another trim level for another $10K...back on the phone. When it was all said and done (including a white tri-coat because the Touareg is black and we wouldn't want the same colored vehicles in the driveway oh no no no) there's nowhere left to go but to a Platinum that doesn't seem to add a whole lot and I'm afraid to take a closer read! At least I got back to a smoked quartz before orders started locking. :)

Basically what I'm saying is I spent an extra $20K so my wife can drive my truck and leave her $60K SUV in the driveway...but at least I won't wrack my legs into the steering wheel every time I hop into my seat!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That's not a given. Several manufacturers don't include cruise control on their base trims--even for EVs. It's no more or less electronics to implement it as standard across all vehicle trims but manufacturers don't for price segmentation (or who knows why if that's not the reason).

Also, while I agree all trims are more likely than not to come with some form of push button start people need to be aware of the packages aren't worded particularly well. After spending way too much time studying the forms it started to become clear that the Pro, even if it does have push-button start, won't have keyless entry nor phone as a key.

I believe XLT won't have keyless entry unless the $10K tech package is added. It's been a week since I read through it but if I'm wrong on that I'm correct in that the standard XLT won't have phone as a key.

Essentially, from my reading of it, you have to spend at least $60K to get a vehicle that you can drive with the key in your pocket or purse. We haven't even gotten into the seat controls or memory features, all of which have been in production vehicles for well over ten years. I imagine that's at least some of the reason Ford wasn't expecting for some many XLT and Pro orders as compared to their tech packaged trims and Lariats.

That analysis drove me into an $80K Lariat. I already tried the numbers game with the ID4 and, sadly, it became somewhat of a joke to my wife that the ID4 had less technology than her 10 year old Touareg save the EV propulsion. Some, no doubt, chuckle when they read I switched my configuration four times. But imagine this: every time I got off the phone with the dealership she asked me, "so it's got keyless like my Touareg, right?" Yes. "and I can't just leave the key in my purse when I'm loading the kids up, right?" Well...that's an extra $10K. ...back on the phone. "The seats are going to adjust personally for me when I have my key in my purse like my Touareg already does, right?" Well...that's going to be another trim level for another $10K...back on the phone. When it was all said and done (including a white tri-coat because the Touareg is black and we wouldn't want the same colored vehicles in the driveway oh no no no) there's nowhere left to go but to a Platinum that doesn't seem to add a whole lot and I'm afraid to take a closer read! At least I got back to a smoked quartz before orders started locking. :)

Basically what I'm saying is I spent an extra $20K so my wife can drive my truck and leave her $60K SUV in the driveway...but at least I won't wrack my legs into the steering wheel every time I hop into my seat!
Happy wife, Happy Life! For my wife's Mach-e we jumped all the way up to a GT just to get the Cyber orange color she wanted (not that I am complaining - it is VERY fun to drive).

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L

Except for the Pro, its regular dumb cruise, with the additional tech (like AEB). Not sure what level of cruise control the XLT has with the 311A.

The Pro has enough technology in it, that I think I'll be satisfied with it. I'm perfectly fine with vinyl flooring, but I'd have to put cloth covers on the seats.

I would order the Pro with:
Atlas Blue Metallic (I think Antimatter blue is too dark)
Max Tow Package
Tailgate step with Work surface
Tough Bed Spray in Bedliner
9.6kW Pro Power Onboard

Might order the Pro with:
Tow Technology Package
Frunk Cargo net (Not sure which one this is - Horizontal or Vertical cargo net)

Standard Tech for the Pro:
● Cruise Control
● Dual Zone Air Conditioning
● Rear View Mirror (auto-dimming)
● Power Doors and Windows (and mirrors)
● Autolamp – Auto On/Off Headlamps
● Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0
— Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)​
○ Pedestrian Detection​
○ Forward Collision Warning​
○ Dynamic Brake Support​
— BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert​
— Lane-Keeping System​
○ Lane-Keeping Alert​
○ Lane-Keeping Aid​
○ Driver Alert​
— Rear View Camera​
— Auto High Beam​
— Reverse Sensing System​
— Reverse Brake Assist​
— Post-Collision Braking​

Of course, I'm coming from a 2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L Extended Cab, who's options were:
power windows
power locks
power heated mirrors
remote lock/unlock
tow prep package (4/7 pin trailer plug and hitch)
6 disc MP3 AM/FM Radio w/Sirius
Auto on/off headlamps
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Sponsored

Last edited: