• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Lightning Pro Wheels Upgrade

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
I am looking to upgrade my Pro tires & wheels when it arrives for driving in fall, spring & summer. In winter I'm going to use the included 18" wheels with some winter tires. In shopping for a new set of tires & wheels I found a couple I liked. In this example, the Fuel SIEGE Black Machined w/Dark Tint (20x9, +20mm offset).

However, when evaluating final pricing there were notices (on tirerack) that stated "Important Notes - Aggressive Fitment. This may require a lift kit or fender modification for proper clearance." I am not really an expert in wheels, offsets etc but in poking around the forum I did check a few items. (1) it appears the load rating is 2500lbs for the wheels (2) others have stated +44mm offset for the Lightning is the default.

How does an inexperienced person such as myself best validate a fit on the Pro model for upgraded 20" tires & wheels to avoid problems.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Pro Wheels Upgrade liftkit
Sponsored

OP
OP
chrislittle

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it helps others I was told by tirerack that to fit stock a +25mm offset (at least) is required. Thus the model above won't work.

Last edited:

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I don’t like the look of tires poking out past the fenders, The combination of -24mm offset and .75” additional width front and back will move the edge of the rim out just under 1.75”. How far do you want to push the edge of the rim out for the look you’re going for?

Personally I don’t like the ride of 20” wheel on a truck compared to 18”, but I also think wheel and tire weight will be significant to range calculations. If I change wheels I’ll be looking to reduce weight from stock, otherwise there is no point in changing,

Below are the stock tire and wheel sizes on the PB F-150.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Pro Wheels Upgrade 71A8163E-7C52-4C4A-8A5E-0A52590DA0D5

OP
OP
chrislittle

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t like the look of tires poking out past the fenders, The combination of -24mm offset and .75” additional width front and back will move the edge of the rim out just under 1.75”. How far do you want to push the edge of the rim out for the look you’re going for?

Personally I don’t like the ride of 20” wheel on a truck compared to 18”, but I also think wheel and tire weight will be significant to range calculations. If I change wheels I’ll be looking to reduce weight from stock, otherwise there is no point in changing,

Below are the stock tire and wheel sizes on the PB F-150.

71A8163E-7C52-4C4A-8A5E-0A52590DA0D5.jpeg
Thanks for the feedback. I spent some time reading around the web and I have stepped back from some of the offsets that deviate far from 44mm. I've found a few that have 30mm in both 18" & 20" that have the look I want. I liked the look of the 20" on the higher end trim Lightnings a bit more than the 18" Pro tire sizes (wheels look fine to me). If I had the option (I always get a complete set of wheels & tires for winter & spring/fall/summer) I would just get a 2nd set of the factory Pro wheels/rims with some good winter tires but from what I've seen it seems like its going to be impossible to get a 2nd set of factory wheels. I'm going to try once my Pro gets on the delivery route with my dealer but I'm tempering my expectations.

Data seems sparce right now as to the real impact I might see on a Pro model with a little bit bigger tires/wheels. Prior to ordering anything I plan to try to see the weight difference I can expect but getting the weight for the Pro wheels has been unfruitful. The 20" tires I am looking at are 4 lbs heavier than the Primacy XC's. I plan on using a highway all-season type tire for the nice weather, not some huge off-road type tire.
Sponsored