• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Factory Reset Issues

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Hello Everyone,

It's been about 1 year since I received my truck, and setting up PaaK was a glitchfest at that time, and unfortunately, it still is today (1 year later). I have some major qualms with the sloppiness of the code in these trucks.

Long story short, in the process of fully factory-resetting the truck to try and get around some PaaK setup glitches that stopped me from actually setting up my new phone, I realized that the data from the previous phone repopulates in the truck, probably because it is tied to the FordPass account, and hasn't been wiped properly there. This stops me from making a new "securicode" (door pillar) code for the new phone that was the same as my old one. The old one still works ironically....but this is improper and I don't know if it is reliably going to stay working.

Crazy enough though, even after factory resetting the truck fully - and not reconnecting FordPass in any way - the "securicode" numeric password I set up still unlocks the truck, even though it's completely in a default wiped state.

I still don't have my new phone working... maybe I'll give it a few days and try again...
Sponsored

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
I am in a similar position. I recently upgraded and traded in my phone without thinking to remove the old phone form the Lighting and its PAAK access

While attempting to setup the new phone to the truck, I was able to do everything except enable the PAAK option.

I then performed a reset of the system, and paired the phone, but I do not have the option to setup the PAAK feature from within the app.

Any suggestions? Delete the app and re-install?