• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finally I see and test drive a lighting.. California..

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My dealer has a pro lifted 2" on front with some big tires. The test drive was just as I expected after watching a million YouTube videos, my only surprise was actually feeling that roller coaster sensation in you gut. I got to see a managers lack Lariot also and it looks awesome, the rims are cool but I will be getting star white I will powder coat them all black or white with black inserts. Why Ford put those grey color rims on all color trucks is a mistery to to me. The Pro did jerk the steering wheel pretty bad when I punch it, the salesman said it was the oversized tires. The 1 pedal drive is awesome and I will be using it 1st day for sure, my wife hated it. I did ask the salesman why they put those tires on there and he said "honestly for profit margin" . I guess there not planning on to much of a markup if they have to add tires. This dealer is awesome and have no ADM on ordered vehicles.

Ford F-150 Lightning Finally I see and test drive a lighting.. California.. SmartSelect_20220625-172419_Gallery
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
What was your impression of the Pro interior?

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
What was your impression of the Pro interior?

My wife thought it was leather and that it was comfortable. Me I would be perfectly happy with it, looks very durable and easy to clean. Well it looks like it would be hard to get dirty. I have a 04 Lariat and the back seat leg room looks smaller than the Lightning, is it possible the cab is bigger from o4 to 22?

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
The 2" lift seems to be a higher ride height than my o4 Lariat 4x4.
I'm sure they will have no problem finding a sale after the 6 months.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If they are following the lead of some of the dealers by me, they are heavily accessorizing their mannequins so they can charge more when they are able to sell them.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If they are following the lead of some of the dealers by me, they are heavily accessorizing their mannequins so they can charge more when they are able to sell them.
So it's a way for dealers to justify charging way over ?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So it's a way for dealers to justify charging way over ?
I don't know about "way over", but that's why my dealers PRO mannequin had a bed tray and tonneau cover installed right after they received it.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I contacted Folsom Lake Ford (Sacramento area) and they said their demo unit should arrive over the weekend. Might drive to take a look. Never owned a fullsize truck, excited. However, I might have to sell it early next year.

OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
I test drove another Pro with the stock tires and rims today at another dealer Fritts Ford Riverside California. They say no ADM but when I was looking for no ADM I was told different. There
Pro is not for sale for 6 months.

The pro did not jerk the steering wheel when punching the accelerater like it did with the lifted and bigger tires Pro I drove at my dealer.
Sponsored