• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tired of setting drive mode every single time I drive

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I use off road mode occasionally so it's a nice reminder before I go somewhere I don't want the diff locked.

I tow also and if I use tow mode to deliver a load I am then prompted so I go back to normal.

I've even gone in and out of sport mode while driving. It's a total of 2 presses on and 2 presses off at the most.

Leaving it locked in sport mode is dangerous. The power might be too much for the next driver.
Dangerous?
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
"next driver"??? "dangerous"??? I'm not sure I follow any of that - having 'more' regeneration would have not more 'dangerous' implications than NOT having more regen.... crazy how you must be thinking about that.

I LOVE SPORT mode, and want to leave it in SPORT mode all the time, in MY truck, which I drive... crazy... it should be easy, but Ford doesn't want to make it that way...

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
OP
OP

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
The op called it dangerous at worst so I came back with another "dangerous" scenario.

Regardless, it's a non issue imo, it's basic to select a mode or hit ok.
That's because it's proven that taking your eyes off the road is actually dangerous.

It is not normal to expect a driver to be quick to press a button every time they start their truck... or peck away at multiple buttons/menus spread across a massive touch screen just to return a vehicle to the regen mode it was on when they last drove it.

There is absolutely nothing rational about this. And it's quite frankly bizarre that anyone would find it to be perfectly acceptable.
Sponsored