• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
As many of you know, I was the 5th person outside of Ford to test drive the new Lightning.

Here's my video taken from my own phone of my test drive. I have a TON of other videos to post, including a couple of walk-throughs of the entire factory from end to end. I shot it in 360, so I literally have every angle, from floor to ceiling.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
From the video, it seems like the propulsion sound was louder than in the Mach-e. How would you compare them?

BIGBIGSURGE

First Name
SERGIO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2021 Mach-E GT, ioniq

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
From the video, it seems like the propulsion sound was louder than in the Mach-e. How would you compare them?
From the video it sounds great IMO, some sound is nice. But it does sounds louder than the ICE 2.7 inside:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
The last run where you said it's pulling my stomach in😆
It definitely did exactly that. I know they also shot video from the ride along where I literally had to ask the driver to slow down because I just ate. It was like that moment in Ford v Ferrari where Henry Ford II is taken for a test drive and realizes how effective their little experiment was doing.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There is a big difference, to me, between driving and riding, especially in the back seat. My wife was in the back, the engineer driving, me passenger. She got out and was done. I drove, she wouldn't come... She also finds in the Mach-E that when I drive with a heavy foot, "it's like a roller coaster". ;)

When I drove, at around 70 we could feel the truck begin to hydroplane, and the truck adjusted. Both I and the engineer felt it. So 90+ in a downpour wasn't happening.

OP
OP
IdeaOfTheDayCom

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
There is a big difference, to me, between driving and riding, especially in the back seat. My wife was in the back, the engineer driving, me passenger. She got out and was done. I drove, she wouldn't come... She also finds in the Mach-E that when I drive with a heavy foot, "it's like a roller coaster". ;)

When I drove, at around 70 we could feel the truck begin to hydroplane, and the truck adjusted. Both I and the engineer felt it. So 90+ in a downpour wasn't happening.
I'm an extremely conservative driver, so safety is always my top priority. I love the availability of power when I need it to get out of a potential problem, but I don't drive fast for pleasure.

The key here is that although hydroplaning and sliding is still a potential with ANY vehicle, the 50-50 weight balance and low center of gravity made a big difference in handling. My old truck used to slip on just about any sign of moisture. The additional level of control will give us more confidence, but like you said, you still need to be mindful of the weather.
Sponsored