• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fingerprints on headlight projectors

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
So as the title states I noticed fingerprints on my projectors on my 2023 which currently only has 900 miles on it. Is this something you would get swapped out or since it doesnt really cause an issue , leave alone? My gut is I would swap them since it shouldnt have that being the vehicle is a "75k" vehicle but at the same time having the assemblys removed and new ones in place could cause other issues like alignment etc.

What would you personally do?
Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
They won't have trouble realigning the headlights. This seems like the kind of quality control issue @Ford Motor Company should care about, but which you may have some trouble getting a dealership to handle....

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
So as the title states I noticed fingerprints on my projectors on my 2023 which currently only has 900 miles on it. Is this something you would get swapped out or since it doesnt really cause an issue , leave alone? My gut is I would swap them since it shouldnt have that being the vehicle is a "75k" vehicle but at the same time having the assemblys removed and new ones in place could cause other issues like alignment etc.

What would you personally do?
Can you share a picture?

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
This is not a halogen or xenon situation where fingerprints can cause a premature failure of the bulb. I'd say it comes down to your personal/OCD tolerance of them.

I view my Lightning as a truck. I'm not nearly as fastidious or obsessive about things with it as I am with my cars. When the truck had like 1000 miles, somebody door dinged me (minor, but I know it's there) and I still haven't done anything about it. I probably will address it down the road when the thing gets a 50-75k mile detail, but it doesn't bother me.

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
If it is any help, I met the owners of a new $1M+ yacht from China who found fingerprints all over every varnished surface that would show up in certain lights. I believe that they got the most obvious ones "fixed" but at some point it is a trade off between putting up with something that only you know about or owning a million dollar yacht that is sitting in a shipyard rather than out cruising.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
This is not a halogen or xenon situation where fingerprints can cause a premature failure of the bulb. I'd say it comes down to your personal/OCD tolerance of them.

I view my Lightning as a truck. I'm not nearly as fastidious or obsessive about things with it as I am with my cars. When the truck had like 1000 miles, somebody door dinged me (minor, but I know it's there) and I still haven't done anything about it. I probably will address it down the road when the thing gets a 50-75k mile detail, but it doesn't bother me.
I adopted this philosophy as well, and it has helped my OCD when it comes to vehicles. Trucks are meant to be used and occasionally abused.

But I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee a few years back that also had a fingerprint on one of the headlight lenses, so I totally understand the urge to have it fixed. I could never bring myself to complain about it to the dealer. I didn't want to be "that guy". I eventually forgot about it.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
These are the threads that help me realize I'm never going to be a "car guy." I love my truck. I want it to look nice. I take care of it. I wash it, I keep it clean, I try not to bang into it unnecessarily, etc. I do that with all my vehicles, even our Bronco that we take offroad/camping/backwoods.

That said, I've never looked at my projector lenses closely enough to know if there's a fingerprint on them. Best I just don't, eh?

OP
OP

Montecarlossfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Azure Gray XLT Lightning
Occupation
Programmer
These are the threads that help me realize I'm never going to be a "car guy." I love my truck. I want it to look nice. I take care of it. I wash it, I keep it clean, I try not to bang into it unnecessarily, etc. I do that with all my vehicles, even our Bronco that we take offroad/camping/backwoods.

That said, I've never looked at my projector lenses closely enough to know if there's a fingerprint on them. Best I just don't, eh?
I wouldnt have looked if I didnt have it on and my co workers were checking it out...i walked around front and noticed lol ...Im sure if i look close enough I could find more issues but like you said some are not worth being OCD about as only I know its there.
Sponsored