• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Headlight condensation

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Can confirm my Rh headlight also showed some condensation on the weekend. Going to bring it in next week.

I'm going to guess that whomever supplied the rear lightbar also supplied the headlights.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This into new headlight territory? Per the manual I think it is. Thoughts? Here’s the “good” light.
As you noted, the manual is very specific about this. Nothing is mentioned about comparing lights, that's irrelevant. It looks like yours covers more than 50%, but not much. If it clears over time, then it's fine.

Why is there condensation in the headlamps?
Headlamps have vents to accommodate normal changes in air pressure. Condensation can be a
natural by-product of this design. When moist air enters the lamp assembly through the vents, there is a possibility that condensation can occur when the temperature is cold. When normal condensation occurs, a fine mist can form on the interior of the lens. The fine mist eventually clears
and exits through the vents during normal operation.

How much condensation is acceptable?
The presence of a fine mist, for example no streaks, drip marks or large droplets. A fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.

How long may it take for the acceptable condensation to be cleared?
Clearing time may take as long as 48 hours under dry weather conditions.

How much condensation is unacceptable?
A water puddle inside the lamp. Streaks, drip marks or large droplets present on the interior of the lens.

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can confirm my Rh headlight also showed some condensation on the weekend. Going to bring it in next week.

I'm going to guess that whomever supplied the rear lightbar also supplied the headlights.
Per the manual, it's probably fine.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
IMG_9618.jpeg

This into new headlight territory? Per the manual I think it is. Thoughts? Here’s the “good” light.
IMG_9619.jpeg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
My 2023 Tesla had condensation in one of the rear taillights. You place a service appt with the app. They asked for picture and if condensation remains after driving for one hour. It did. Tesla sent out a mobile tech to my house 3 days later and replaced the taillight under warranty in my driveway. So easy.

I wish Ford would implement mobile service.

Ford F-150 Lightning Headlight condensation IMG_5633

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 2023 Tesla had condensation in one of the rear taillights. You place a service appt with the app. They asked for picture and if condensation remains after driving for one hour. It did. Tesla sent out a mobile tech to my house 3 days later and replaced the taillight under warranty in my driveway. So easy.

I wish Ford would implement mobile service.
Ford has mobile service at many dealers. They don't have that criteria for moisture. I posted it.

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I'll put a huge bet on that there is a leak, crack, or pinhole where there shouldn't be. $600 to $1000 to replace. Warranty item.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Per the manual, it's probably fine.
You would think that if it was a normal condition that both lights would have some minor condensation. The temps are swinging quite a bit here so I'll keep an eye on it. I've got the lightbar and dash mat booked so they can have a good look at it then.
Sponsored