• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I am not sure that I agree that Ford doesn't understand. Buy locking heated seats out of the PRO trim, it pushes folks to XLT or higher. That is more profit for Ford.
I understand it's possibly more profit because that's the decades-old mindset I mentioned. But in this case it could cost actual sales and demonstrates a lack of understanding of the EV market. Most EVs I have owned/shopped include heated seats for all trim levels. Ford doesn't.?‍♂
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I understand it's possibly more profit because that's the decades-old mindset I mentioned. But in this case it could cost actual sales and demonstrates a lack of understanding of the EV market. Most EVs I have owned/shopped include heated seats for all trim levels. Ford doesn't.?‍♂
Given the limited production Ford is capable of for the Gen 1 Lightning, they will sell every one they make - heated seats or not

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Most EVs I have owned/shopped include heated seats for all trim levels. Ford doesn't
"Most" EVs currently out there tend to be higher priced than your ICE car. Most EVs are giving someone the most stripped down car to save a little bit on prices. That's why you get the heated seats.

I have an EV, I've never used the heated seats. They do nothing for me, even in cold weather. However, I (and lots of people in the US) don't live in "cold" weather climates. My wife does use them, however.

EVs on the US market that don't have heated seats at base level:

Bolt EV and EUV
Ioniq 5
Mach-e

The F150 PRO is not intended for retail customers, so you cannot really complain about it not having heated seats as an option... It's specifically built for the commercial audience. and for it to be as cheap as possible. If you want heated seats, go buy the retail version of the Truck.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Given the limited production Ford is capable of for the Gen 1 Lightning, they will sell every one they make - heated seats or not
That has never been in doubt :)

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
"Most" EVs currently out there tend to be higher priced than your ICE car. Most EVs are giving someone the most stripped down car to save a little bit on prices. That's why you get the heated seats.

I have an EV, I've never used the heated seats. They do nothing for me, even in cold weather. However, I (and lots of people in the US) don't live in "cold" weather climates. My wife does use them, however.

EVs on the US market that don't have heated seats at base level:

Bolt EV and EUV
Ioniq 5
Mach-e

The F150 PRO is not intended for retail customers, so you cannot really complain about it not having heated seats as an option... It's specifically built for the commercial audience. and for it to be as cheap as possible. If you want heated seats, go buy the retail version of the Truck.
one would think that fleet/commercial customers would want the heated seats...in colder temps when trucks are parked outside and it is cold....
May be they are in the habit of starting up trucks and by the time, it is time to start the morning shift, it is warm and toasty all around.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That has never been in doubt :).

The Chevys do offer heated seats in the base version. I had a Bolt prior to the Mach E. ;) Surprised if the Hyundai doesn’t since you can get them in most everything the company makes, but don’t see that info on their website. Of course that’s also a company that continues to offer their EVs only in certain states so they aren’t an option to many.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
one would think that fleet/commercial customers would want the heated seats...in colder temps when trucks are parked outside and it is cold....
The PRO is basically the XL trim ... The XL trim does not come with a heated seat option. It only starts at the XLT trim.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Of course that’s also a company that continues to offer their EVs only in certain states so they aren’t an option to many.
I'm still mad about that. Before the Lightning announcement, that was my #1 choice. Then I found out that Hyundai doesn't have a single vehicle that isn't limited to certain states.
Sponsored