• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Real test drives?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
Anybody hear any word on when dealers will have demo trucks for real test drives? The road show rides were fun, but way too short to evaluate the truck other then speed.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anybody hear any word on when dealers will have demo trucks for real test drives? The road show rides were fun, but way too short to evaluate the truck other then speed.
I haven't heard anything, but I would guess in the June / July timeframe.

OP
OP

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I would hope it's sooner than that. With trucks being built now, I'm sure those will be used for a press pool to get reviews out there. I would hope dealer demo trucks would get built in Feb/March and onto the dealers by April.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I would hope it's sooner than that. With trucks being built now, I'm sure those will be used for a press pool to get reviews out there. I would hope dealer demo trucks would get built in Feb/March and onto the dealers by April.
Don't count on it. Demo units are typically available for sale at some point and and built at this same time as customer builds. Soooo... every demo unit made delays a customer build.

I think I read that Job 1 (first saleable builds) is planned for sometime in April.
Sponsored