• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fixing rear seat comfort in supercrew

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Hopefully someone will come up with a kit that will work with a Powerboost. I've had exactly ONE passenger in the back seat, and their two comments: 1) Wow... this is a REALLY nice truck, but 2) This back seat is wicked uncomfortable!

"If wishes were horses, ..."
Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I forgot to update this thread. I ended up buying this kit from LMI welding lmi 1520 SA. It essentially will shift the seat bottom forward by almost an inch which will in effect recline the seat back. It also has a bracket to reposition the seat back latches so they still function. It did make things more comfortable for the back seat passengers but for longer legged folks, the seat bottom was a bit too flat so I added some washer stacks to the bottom mounts to raise the seat bottom at the front.

I think that Ram and Toyota did a much better job with rear seat comfort and Ford didn't spend any effort to improve that from previous generations. As I have it now, it's good enough but definitely nowhere as comfortable as the front seats on long trips.
Do you have Propower under your seat? Wonder if accounts for that.

OP
OP
cakryg

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
The install directions were very well done and the fabricator was very responsive and helpful. The design is very simple and I could have bent these myself. But the quality of material and bolts is very good.

OP
OP
cakryg

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
If you have a doubt on if this fits the hybrid I'd recommend reaching out to the fabri8

Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The install directions were very well done and the fabricator was very responsive and helpful. The design is very simple and I could have bent these myself. But the quality of material and bolts is very good.
Would you mind snapping a pic? More space behind the seats would be way cool...

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I don't sit back there. My seat is comfortable :p

pleong

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I forgot to update this thread. I ended up buying this kit from LMI welding lmi 1520 SA. It essentially will shift the seat bottom forward by almost an inch which will in effect recline the seat back. It also has a bracket to reposition the seat back latches so they still function. It did make things more comfortable for the back seat passengers but for longer legged folks, the seat bottom was a bit too flat so I added some washer stacks to the bottom mounts to raise the seat bottom at the front.

I think that Ram and Toyota did a much better job with rear seat comfort and Ford didn't spend any effort to improve that from previous generations. As I have it now, it's good enough but definitely nowhere as comfortable as the front seats on long trips.
Will this work with the powerboost?