• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Removing Rear Under Seat Storage Divider?

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
Just but tennis balls over the studs. Should last forever or a few seconds.
Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
I like the storage option and don't think I lose much by having it folded down vs. having it not exist. That said, so far I have never found it necessary to fold it down because that's where I store my hitch ball insert, tarp straps and bungee cords, mesh and trash bags, safety triangles, etc. and I'd have to remove all that stuff.

We've used the under-seat storage for family when traveling, but in my case that's in the Tesla.

Having it as an option makes a lot of sense, though, for those who don't use it in that way.
I too do not think you are losing much when it’s folded down vs if it weren’t there. I have mine folded down due to kids car seats. No sense in having it up when I can’t easily access it for the time being

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I would rather have a drawer that slides out from the side.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I would rather have a drawer that slides out from the side.
I actually had something similar on my F250 (home-jury-rigged, just a normal tray on slides) and kind of hated it. I found about 50% of the time I needed to access stuff I was in a parking lot, where getting to the stuff in the 'middle' was really tough due to clearances.

That said, I was forced to because of a kids seat in the center seat preventing me from lifting the seat. Currently I have the same problem, I can only get to things reachable from the single-seat side.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
On my 2011 I used Rubbermaid totes that fit under the seats. I pulled the out when needed. There were two carseats strapped in on top.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I currently have an old refrigerator drawer (porcelain coated deep-drawn steel) under one side and a plastic tote from an old kids Lego set that fits under the seats in my old Chevy.
On the Chevy, they can only slide to the front, not out the side because of the seat support design.

Sliding forward works well when you have stuff on the seats, but not helpful when you have cargo already on the floor in front of the seats.

The right setup for the Ford might be narrower drawers on each side that slide out to the sides and a forward-sliding drawer in the middle. Or maybe just loose trays in all three locations that you can access from the sides, front, or top by opening the seats.

The other feature I would want is some kind of latch or maybe a magnet to keep the tray/drawer from sliding around during driving,
Sponsored