• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
You are correct on the importance of dealer allotment and trim brake down
Could you expand a bit more about the importance of dealer allotment? Are you suggesting that those dealerships that had higher sales volume in a previous year may be prioritized over low volume sales dealerships? Hmmmm…so if everyone places their order with the same dealership, then what??? Is there a list posted somewhere informing the public which dealerships had the highest sales volume in a specific area? I traveled a long way to get my Power Boost and I’ll do the same to get my Lightning, just need info on how to “Play the Game”.?
Sponsored

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
FWIW, On Aug.5th, many of us received an email from Ford, not the dealership, that “ Your place in line has been reserved. Here’s what’s next”. Ford also stated in the same email, “ Great news: the date and time of your reservation* have been verified. We’ll be sure to keep you posted throughout the process and will send more info on how to order your new F‑150 Lightning this fall.”
Based on that information, Ford maybe doing something different from the past (taking control of the ordering process away from the dealership). Ford maybe creating a window of opportunity to place your order based on your time stamp. If Ford tells me it’s time to order? I’m off to the dealership the next second to place my order, there may only be a few days of opportunity before Ford moves on to the next group within a “Time Stamp” range till the first 15k units are full for 2022?? Ford MAY also give some the opportunity to order directly through Ford Motor? We’ll have to wait and see on that.
I received this email from them on August 5th as well. I interpreted it as just another generic acknowledgement that I had placed a reservation. What would make us think that those of us who received it are among the "chosen ones"?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I received this email from them on August 5th as well. I interpreted it as just another generic acknowledgement that I had placed a reservation. What would make us think that those of us who received it are among the "chosen ones"?
I took it the same way. I didn't reserve until June 3rd, so I strongly doubt I will be getting a 2022 Lightning (hoping without much cause for a late 2023 or early 2024). I think the person who received this just completely misinterpreted it.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Yeah, that e-mail was a completely generic e-mail that went out to everyone with a reservation. I take nothing from it. Based on Ford's comments so far no one who reserved after the opening day has much of a shot at getting one in 2022 if they only make 15,000. The question I have now is will the vehicles delivered later in the year be 2023MY?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If Ford tells me it’s time to order? I’m off to the dealership the next second to place my order, there may only be a few days of opportunity before Ford moves on to the next group within a “Time Stamp” range till the first 15k units are full for 2022?? Ford MAY also give some the opportunity to order directly through Ford Motor? We’ll have to wait and see on that.
Why in the world would you go to the dealer to place the order? You will be able to finalize your configuration and order online.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
FWIW, On Aug.5th, many of us received an email from Ford, not the dealership, that “ Your place in line has been reserved. Here’s what’s next”. Ford also stated in the same email, “ Great news: the date and time of your reservation* have been verified. We’ll be sure to keep you posted throughout the process and will send more info on how to order your new F‑150 Lightning this fall.”
Based on that information, Ford maybe doing something different from the past (taking control of the ordering process away from the dealership). Ford maybe creating a window of opportunity to place your order based on your time stamp. If Ford tells me it’s time to order? I’m off to the dealership the next second to place my order, there may only be a few days of opportunity before Ford moves on to the next group within a “Time Stamp” range till the first 15k units are full for 2022?? Ford MAY also give some the opportunity to order directly through Ford Motor? We’ll have to wait and see on that.
I got that email as well. I spoke with my dealer and they told me I was the first person with a reservation at their dealership. I don't know if that officially puts me at the front of the line but I think they should have an allocation of at least one Lightning.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
Why in the world would you go to the dealer to place the order? You will be able to finalize your configuration and order online.
Great, I’ll order online then, that would be my preference. Thanks

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
You should definitely finalize the order online. But you should also follow up with the dealer afterward, to make sure that everything is as you expect. I think this order online process is not completely automated and the dealer still has to take some actions to move your order forward. That could lead to mistakes, and and mistakes are easier to fix early in the process. That is if you have a good relationship with the dealer. If you don't, you should look for a different dealer.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
I’m not sure that it states that either, I do believe that Ford will honor the time stamp of that reservation and inform those when to place an order. Sorta like first come first serve (I hope)?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
shot at getting one in 2022 if they only make 15,000. The question I have now is will the vehicles delivered later in the year be 2023MY?
Yeah, assuming the 15k number is even real (because it was not direct from Ford), the next question is:

Does 15k for 2022 mean:

1. 15,000 Lightnings that are Model Year 2022 (Produced between April 2022 and Sept 2022), with thousands more Lightnings being built in 2022 (September through December) as Model Year 2023s? There might actually be 25-30k

OR

2. 15,000 Lightings being built in calendar year 2022, period.

Sponsored

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
Yeah, assuming the 15k number is even real (because it was not direct from Ford)
Personally, I’m hoping that number was leaked to lower expectations and get folks who are only casually interested to drop their reservation and get their $100 back (and to discourage new reservations). Hopefully, the real production numbers will be higher, but Ford just doesn’t want us to know that yet. Unless SK has told them they will only be able to deliver 15,000 batteries in 2022, I just don’t see how Ford’s production could be so low.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
How is Ford supposed to know if you are the "chosen one" if no one has even placed an order yet? Thousands of those reservations will be canceled and Ford has no idea yet (publicly at least) how many units they can build yet.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Personally, I’m hoping that number was leaked to lower expectations and get folks who are only casually interested to drop their reservation and get their $100 back (and to discourage new reservations). Hopefully, the real production numbers will be higher, but Ford just doesn’t want us to know that yet. Unless SK has told them they will only be able to deliver 15,000 batteries in 2022, I just don’t see how Ford’s production could be so low.
Yeah, they could be tempering expectations. Perhaps they saw the "80k/year" number that was going around from some analyst and thought, "Yikes, we better temper expectations because we're not going to hit that for a couple years at least."

Hard to say.

But they're kinda doing that with the Bronco, now, too, by not allowing any more online reservations.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Could you expand a bit more about the importance of dealer allotment? Are you suggesting that those dealerships that had higher sales volume in a previous year may be prioritized over low volume sales dealerships? Hmmmm…so if everyone places their order with the same dealership, then what??? Is there a list posted somewhere informing the public which dealerships had the highest sales volume in a specific area? I traveled a long way to get my Power Boost and I’ll do the same to get my Lightning, just need info on how to “Play the Game”.?
Dealers with higher sales volume might be prioritized to some extent. Again, on Bronco that was 25% of the equation. Ford does publish a list internally of the top 500 dealers each month but we don't know what level of importance (if any this go round, it's all up to Ford) pure sales numbers will have this time.

On Bronco the most important aspect was % of reservations converted to actual orders at 50% of the equation for allocation. So even if you place your order with a high volume dealer that doesn't necessarily give you a better spot in relation to the other reservation holders. Your best bet is to find a dealer who you believe is treating it's customers well with good up to date info. If the formula is similar then you get a better chance of getting your Lightning sooner.

As an example, our dealership was the only one in our region to have our Bronco allocation increased, and we are not the top volume dealer in that group.

We all have to wait until Ford releases the allocation formula or lack of one.
Sponsored