• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Watch app could use more functions

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Let’s just say there’s “opportunity” for improvement here. It’s great that there’s a Apple Watch app and the remote start through the app is a great feature but even just a little more functionality would be great. How about a charge status monitor and ability to stop/start/limit charging?

That’s just my first thought but it would interesting to hear what other people have come up with for Watch functionality. I wouldn’t want it to be bloated but it shouldn’t be difficult to make a stripped down app with some useful functionality.
Sponsored

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Does it work with Siri at all? I'd love to be able to say "Siri, start the truck"

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Let’s just say there’s “opportunity” for improvement here. It’s great that there’s a Apple Watch app and the remote start through the app is a great feature but even just a little more functionality would be great. How about a charge status monitor and ability to stop/start/limit charging?

That’s just my first thought but it would interesting to hear what other people have come up with for Watch functionality. I wouldn’t want it to be bloated but it shouldn’t be difficult to make a stripped down app with some useful functionality.
I like my AW7 but the Ford Security is too much chatter - every time I open a door or frunk it alerts me.

Why can't it just alert me when it's locked ??

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

If you haven't discovered one of the biggest limitations is that it really only works through your phone. Even if you have an LTE connected watch, it will not work on its own, it uses the phone app and you must have both with you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I would like scale screen. Also not sure why PAAK can’t be watch. Bugs me on the Tesla too. Since it’s a wish list, I’d like Siri to open frunk or tailgate, sometimes my hands are full.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I didn’t even know it had a watch app. Just used it to remote start. Worked pretty well.

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
The watch and the key FOB really need a remote start function. The app takes way too long to remote start.

And the watch app is really lacking, as y'all have pointed out. :/

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
The watch and the key FOB really need a remote start function. The app takes way too long to remote start.

And the watch app is really lacking, as y'all have pointed out. :/
Remote start works on watch, but you still have to have your phone with you (which I don't get at all).

Sponsored

LightningJoe

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning XLT | 2018 Tesla Model 3
Remote start works on watch, but you still have to have your phone with you (which I don't get at all).
Ah, yeah, sorry, meant to say it's just really slow or doesn't work at all for me. Same as the phone app. :/

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I didn’t even know it had a watch app. Just used it to remote start. Worked pretty well.
Yep, it works, but don't understand why your phone has to be with you if the watch has cellular connectivity.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Yep, it works, but don't understand why your phone has to be with you if the watch has cellular connectivity.
Agreed. I’m hoping Ford is hyper focused on getting software improved. For a tech person like me coming from a 2015 Tundra that had almost no stock technology, this Lightning has so much potential.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I hope the Ford AlwaysOn team reads the forum. We’re the best customer research money can buy!

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Agreed. I’m hoping Ford is hyper focused on getting software improved. For a tech person like me coming from a 2015 Tundra that had almost no stock technology, this Lightning has so much potential.
I came from a 2011 Lariat, which only had remote start on the key as "Technology". Bought the cellular module to add remote locking. Ford discontinued service 😔, so that was wasted tech (and no refund on the annual service fee). I'm in the hopeful tech camp as well, so much potential in this vehicle. Although I am super grateful that they added dual phone support in 3.2 release.
Sponsored