• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Full View Not Available" banner on camera view not helpful

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I think its trying to tell you that it cannot show you what is behind the trailer because you do not have the camera that mounts on the back of the trailer. They must have figured everyone always hauls a giant camper trailer, not a flatbed, so putting the banner in the middle was not obscuring anything important.

The user manual seems to imply there is an optional trailer-mounted camera possible:

1663360248895-png.png
I don't the the "Rear Split View" on my display, just the "Rear Normal" view... nor do I see a way to simply see the full back camera view, which is really strange. It's pretty odd that the default view when you hit the camera button while in park is the front camera, which we can already see by looking out the window.

I often want to see the back view when I'm waiting for somebody to come out of a store for example, so it's pretty strange that we can't get the full rear view. At least the bed camera shows some of the rear, but that's not enough... then when you hit the "Rear Normal" view, I see absolutely no reason for the middle to be blocked with this "Full view not available" message. If there's a reason, why not tell us why in the manual or on the screen. I keep thinking I'm not touching the right part of the screen.
Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Is there no way to remove this banner?
Still happens with latest software?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Is there no way to remove this banner?
Still happens with latest software?
I think I read somewhere that it was an overlay in the IPMA software. I want to say that @Jesse-Infotainment said something about it but now I'm not sure.

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I know its been a while but you can now remove the Full View Not Available message using Forscan. Here is a video to show you how. Super easy. Full View IS Available
Sponsored