• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GE WattPoint charger problem "Charger not detected"

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
There was a charger open at the office this morning where they have free charging with GE Wattpoint chargers. A Rivian was charging in the other slot, so I thought "Why not take advantage of the free charging AND show off the larger F150 Lightning parked next to the Rivian?"

But when I plugged in, it my F150L didn't charge. The truck displayed the error "Charger not detected".
Curious if anybody has a clue what might be wrong?

I have charged at other identical chargers here at the office parking ramp, but not that specific unit. Last week I saw other vehicles plugged into that unit, so it seemed to have been working.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
What was working last week may not be working today. Most chargers display "Ready" lights. I suggest you inspect the charger for lights, compare it to other chargers similar to it, and see if it's simply OFF. Or, contact whoever at work is in charge of them.

Beyond that, since you can charge at other chargers, there's nothing anyone is going to diagnose over the internet.

For your edification, GE exited the EV charging business years ago. They sold their network to ChargePoint in 2017. Those chargers are likely very obsolete, may or may not be maintained.

OP
OP

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Was just wondering if anybody else has seen that error and what circumstances.

After work, I went back over and tried both chargers, just to see if it was something broken on my truck and they both worked. The one the previously gave an error worked fine - something must have been reset or changed.
Sponsored