• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Get a Tesla for $7500 off plus 10k SC miles

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I know it's nitpicking, but it's really aggravating that they meter the free supercharging in 'miles' instead of something much more accurately measurable.
It was when I had the free Miles for my 3. But the miles where based on a Model X so I got "more miles" out of it. But they convert those to miles to kW in your account, so you see this weird combination of miles and kW. But they dont give you a total kW bank, just miles and then how many kW that session was. All kinds of wonky
Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Honestly, I don't know why they offered this. They have this high end mystic thing with the (general) public. So by offering this, in my mind, they have dropped the baseline for what their cars are worth and should go for. To me, every Model 3 and Y should have a new lower MSRP to start the new year, irregardless of the Tax Credit since not everyone will qualify.

I know manufacturers offer incentives all the time but with Tesla it has always been little things like miles. For example, this 10k miles is really worth no more than $500 to the consumer and unless you road trip allot, it can be an inconvenience to use those miles around town and they expire.
But they never offered anything this big. I think it was a mistake. They could have sold those cars for more next week. But I guess the public has short memories and most of the time dont pay attention anyway

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I paid more for my M3P than you can get it for now new and with a ton of free SC miles. Look back even 5 years, what vehicle could you get that goes 0-60 in 3.1 seconds for $55k? Look now, what other vehicle can you get with that spec for that price? If you like driving fast, the M3P is an incredible deal.

My gf and I keep one faster car and one roomier vehicle at all times. If you have a house with a similar mix of vehicle, definitely worth a look. It's a perfect complement to the Lightning and gives you a road trip vehicle too.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am glad I am getting the MME next month.

$56K price tag but after all credits, rebates, PCO, Options incentives, etc - comes down to $38K.

Not a bad deal!
Ford F-150 Lightning Get a Tesla for $7500 off plus 10k SC miles Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 8.13.57 AM

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I've owned Teslas since 2015 - first an S, then a Y. We still have the Y. They're good cars but the company is downright awful to deal with and plainly getting worse. I see people complain about Ford and dealers and I just laugh - Tesla is vastly worse and has spent the past 5 years becoming that way with no end in sight. And they are having major quality control problems right now too, as well as pushing software updates that remove features from cars they've already sold!

I will never buy another vehicle from them.

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
But, they couldn't have reported them towards 2022 deliveries and year-end earnings.
Depends on if you want to report some good volume numbers or make more money on each vehicle. The markets understand the tax credit situation and it would just have made for a blowout 1st quarter.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
care to elaborate why you wouldn't consider the gold standard in EV's?
I'm guessing it's because of the tech bro edgelord that runs the company.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
If anyone has been looking to pick up a Long Range Model Y, they just cut the cost by $13,000. And now they are under the $55,000 cap for the $7500 tax credit. It’ll be interesting to see if Ford responds with the Mach E

Ford F-150 Lightning Get a Tesla for $7500 off plus 10k SC miles EA176E89-5639-4048-AF73-667E8F054FCC

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
i see quite few model 3 and model Y available.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If anyone has been looking to pick up a Long Range Model Y, they just cut the cost by $13,000. And now they are under the $55,000 cap for the $7500 tax credit. It’ll be interesting to see if Ford responds with the Mach E

EA176E89-5639-4048-AF73-667E8F054FCC.jpeg
You can get a vehicle in a month or two when ordering and there's available inventory. It seems like even at the new lower price with a tax credit, demand has fallen sharply for both the 3 and y.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
i see quite few model 3 and model Y available.
Depends on your region... On a whole, the available inventory is quite low. If you place an order, it will match you with an inventory car first if one fits your configuration.

Part of the problem now is the Tesla community is very feature-aware and info-connected when it comes to Tesla and its car offerings. Even with slashing prices, Model 3 sales are still all but stalled because most everyone who is following and thinking about buying one is waiting for the imminent refresh. Like, it's weeks away and might include the new HW4 camera/FSD computer updates.

Tesla buyers approach car buying the same way Mac people approach buying a new MacBook Pro. They'll sit and wait for the impending update, even suffering while they might really need a new laptop (or car). And as soon as the new one drops, it's an insane rush to order.

Add to that the overall slow-down in new car buying with economic forces / higher interest rates...
Sponsored