• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got a Ford Email! But it just "preapproves me" for financing to buy a vehicle that I can't even get

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
If you buy the right accessories it can be both!
Off topic, but someone needs to build a Rivian style camp kitchen that slides into the frunk. Looking forward to the weird frunk accessories that we'll see in the future.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I got one as well but only for 41k! Kinda strange with a top tier credit rating and income above average. I guess I’ll have to settle for a pro instead of lariat!
Don't feel bad, I received pre approval for $55k myself with a high credit rating and respectable income. No idea what information they used. When you build and price they provide a 5% interest rate from Ford and my local credit union provides a rate of 1.9%. If they cannot match the 1.9%, I will be using the credit union.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Off topic, but someone needs to build a Rivian style camp kitchen that slides into the frunk. Looking forward to the weird frunk accessories that we'll see in the future.
Ohh, that's a great idea. I'm sure someone will come out with that eventually. Tailgating alone will probably have enough demand for it.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I got one as well but only for 41k! Kinda strange with a top tier credit rating and income above average. I guess I’ll have to settle for a pro instead of lariat!
How weird!
I am looking at the Pro trim but got a Lariat/Platinum trim finance amount.

With my credit locked, Ford marketing must be accessing something else like Lexis Nexis or Sagestream or Chex ?

Or if they have access to insurance info - they can look at cars being financed or leased in the past ?

As a side note:
with 20 years of consistent leasing, financing, paying off car loans it's not unusual for a higher amount.
My last expensive car was a Range Rover lease (which was a total lemon) that I returned after 3 years (spent more time in the service dept w/ Jag & RR loaners).

kdkool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning / 2023 6.7L Lariat F-350
I received the email as well.

Let's collect more information from the community to see if we can make any correlations to any of this.

1) Did any day 1 reservation holders not receive an email?
2) For those that received the pre-approval, when did you make your reservation? Do you have an idea as to where you are you stand at your dealer?

I'll start with...
I am a day 1 reservation holder (placed about an hour after the live presentation). I have no idea as to where I stand in the queue.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I was in wave one and placed my order. I received no pre-approval email from Ford before or after my order. And I currently have one truck financed with them.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
I'm #5 at my dealer and got one.

Curious if someone that's #55 got one as well? That would likely bash the hopes of this being a hint of a wave 2 invite.
Funny you should ask, I'm #55 at my dealer (out of 582), and I also got one. Sorry to bash your hopes, but I don't think the email was connected to a Wave 2 invite.

Sponsored

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
The email is like "you won't be getting a lightning but here's some credit to go buy any other ford! oh and don't try to build your '22 f-150 yet the site won't be ready for another 6 months!"

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Yes...absolutely nuts. Not planning to "brag" about spending upwards of 80k for a pickup.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
The email is like "you won't be getting a lightning but here's some credit to go buy any other ford! oh and don't try to build your '22 f-150 yet the site won't be ready for another 6 months!"
I know this was a bit tongue-in-cheek and I am at a loss as to why the '22 F-150 B&P still isn't up, but if anyone actually wants to build one, just email your dealer and they can send you the order guide. I did just this a couple weeks ago when it became apparent that even though I put my Lightning reservation in within the first couple hours, there was no way I was going to get one this year...decided to pull the trigger on a Powerboost order and I'll see if I still really want a Lightning when the time comes.
Sponsored