• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

just recd email to place order....why can't I do a "PRO"? but XLT, lariat available?

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Just recd my email stating I can place my order. When I get online, it says PRO "online ordering unavailable", but under all the other models, it says "start my order" and allows me to proceed forward? Thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning just recd email to place order....why can't I do a "PRO"? but XLT, lariat available? 20220907_200336
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
PRO is limited in production numbers and is already sold out for the model year.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yep, either order an available model or you get your deposit back and your reservation is cancelled.

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Those fuckers....I could have ordered a "lariat" a few months ago...but held out for my "Pro"....back then the lariat was 67k....now an XLT is 60k SR....

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Those fuckers....I could have ordered a "lariat" a few months ago...but held out for my "Pro"....back then the lariat was 67k....now an XLT is 60k SR....
The website will show the 2023 pricing, but you should have a private offer in the smart vincent system bringing the price down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
The website will show the 2023 pricing, but you should have a private offer in the smart vincent system bringing the price down.
I did not have an "order"....only a first day reservation....and from what I have been gathering...you have to have an actual "order" to get the price protection.....?

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
whatever. id take it and put it up for sale for some ridiculous price while I drive it.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I did not have an "order"....only a first day reservation....and from what I have been gathering...you have to have an actual "order" to get the price protection.....?
Were you previously invited to order, but deferred because the pro was sold out

OP
OP
bobinmi

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
Were you previously invited to order, but deferred because the pro was sold out
Not officially, my salesman called and said he could get me an order if I wanted a lariat. He said they were 67k, I said I wanted the pro at 40k....of course we all know what happened then...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Only if he was a Wave 1 or 2 MY23 order. Current invites in the wave today are not eligible for that.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Not officially, my salesman called and said he could get me an order if I wanted a lariat. He said they were 67k, I said I wanted the pro at 40k....of course we all know what happened then...
Then you pay the higher price.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Then you pay the higher price.
Yup!

Goes with everything these days.

My Mustang Mach E order is so messed up and no one has a clue.

Hopefully in 2023 to get the tax credit, the battery assembly & origin will be waived for the year ....

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I think I'm in the same boat, as my order date is coming up. Isn't this bait and switch. I believe this should be protected by law. Ford advertised a $40k pro model, took reservations and then only made that $40k model to a very small number of reservation holders. Did they advertise it initially as a limited supply only option? I don't remember.

Any lawyers here? From a quick search:
"
bait and switch
A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell. This initial advertised offer is “the bait.” Then the seller switches customers from buying the advertised product or service that the seller initially offered into buying a different product or service that is usually at a higher price or has some other advantageous effect to the advertiser. This is the “switch.” Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.
A “bait and switch” is different from a "loss-leader" sale, which is when a seller specifically notifies the customer that only a limited number of units of a product are for sale at a discount. “Bait and switch” advertising is grounds for an action of common-law fraud, unjust enrichment, and sometimes breach of contract. A “bait and switch” is also a violation of the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.
In Federal Claims courts, the key components for evaluating a claim of improper bait-and-switch” by the recipient of a contract are whether: (1) the seller represented in its initial proposal that they would rely on certain specified employees/staff when performing the services; (2) the recipient relied on this representation of information when evaluating the proposal; (3) it was foreseeable and probable that the employees/staff named in the initial proposal would not be available to implement the contract work; and (4) employees/staff other than those listed in the initial proposal instead were or would be performing the services."

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I think I'm in the same boat, as my order date is coming up. Isn't this bait and switch. I believe this should be protected by law. Ford advertised a $40k pro model, took reservations and then only made that $40k model to a very small number of reservation holders. Did they advertise it initially as a limited supply only option? I don't remember.

Any lawyers here? From a quick search:
"
bait and switch
A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell. This initial advertised offer is “the bait.” Then the seller switches customers from buying the advertised product or service that the seller initially offered into buying a different product or service that is usually at a higher price or has some other advantageous effect to the advertiser. This is the “switch.” Normally, the switched product that the consumer buys is usually at a higher purchase price, an increased profit for the seller, or may have a less marketable characteristic than the product advertised.
A “bait and switch” is different from a "loss-leader" sale, which is when a seller specifically notifies the customer that only a limited number of units of a product are for sale at a discount. “Bait and switch” advertising is grounds for an action of common-law fraud, unjust enrichment, and sometimes breach of contract. A “bait and switch” is also a violation of the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.
In Federal Claims courts, the key components for evaluating a claim of improper bait-and-switch” by the recipient of a contract are whether: (1) the seller represented in its initial proposal that they would rely on certain specified employees/staff when performing the services; (2) the recipient relied on this representation of information when evaluating the proposal; (3) it was foreseeable and probable that the employees/staff named in the initial proposal would not be available to implement the contract work; and (4) employees/staff other than those listed in the initial proposal instead were or would be performing the services."
Ford never guaranteed Pro's for everyone with a reservation the constant bait and switch post are hysterical. The Pro trim has been offered and sold to retail customers for both MY22 and MY23 but most of stock is for fleet unfortunately. If you want a Pro and it's not available you can wait or get your refundable deposit. No one is forcing you to buy an XLT or higher.

You lose in court right here "A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell." It's been sold both Model years.

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Ford never guaranteed Pro's for everyone with a reservation the constant bait and switch post are hysterical. The Pro trim has been offered and sold to retail customers for both MY22 and MY23 but most of stock is for fleet unfortunately. If you want a Pro and it's not available you can wait or get your refundable deposit. No one is forcing you to buy an XLT or higher.

You lose in court right here "A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell." It's been sold both Model years.
I don't believe it's hysterical to question the legality of Fords advertising. I think the argument is that the pro model was advertised as being available to retail purchasers, not just fleet. I think the numbers would speak for themselves in a court case. If ford sold 10,000 retail lightnings and only made a few hundred or so pro's available to retail customers at the advertised price that would be a huge problem. The polls on this forum are not a usable sample for the general orders, but they anecdotally seem to indicate a very small percentage of pros sold to retail.
Sponsored