• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

guerro

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F250HD
Whoa.
Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
If I can help anyone with any questions, let me know.
I am pretty sure the lightning is going to be too wide to fit into my garage with our other car. Can you let me know how far out from the body the door must be so that you are able to get in and out?

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
No demo unit, the questioned how I manage to get a Mach E and Lightning.
I'm going to have the same combo when my Lightning arrives. My wife got a Space Grey MME GTPE and I'm waiting on a Lariat (this is my build week).

I think the AM blue looks great. A friend of mine has it on his new Bronco and I really only like Cactus Grey better (not an option on the F150).

Battalion3419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter
Congrats on your new lariat! Going to try and buy floor mats before my Lariat gets here. Can you tell me the color of the carpets so I can match with the floor mats? Thank you so much for the info

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Heres my only and main question, and its an odd one. At 3.5 tons, how does it handle into a hard right. For example coming in a little quick into a subdivision or shopping center. I know this isnt a mustang but my Teslas biggest disappointment was that the low slung weight would make it plow super hard into tight turns like that unless i was at a near stop.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Heres my only and main question, and its an odd one. At 3.5 tons, how does it handle into a hard right. For example coming in a little quick into a subdivision or shopping center. I know this isnt a mustang but my Teslas biggest disappointment was that the low slung weight would make it plow super hard into tight turns like that unless i was at a near stop.
The low slung weight is going to help in that situation, not hurt. The plowing (i.e. understeer) is due to the weight of the vehicle overwhelming the available traction from the tires.

I would suspect that the Lightning will be about the same as an ICE F150. It has more weight to control, but the lower center of mass and better weight distribution would help offset that to a certain extent. That said, the all time AWD and more weight over the rear means you cant stab throttle and correct with some good old fashioned oversteer! :LOL:

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
The low slung weight is going to help in that situation, not hurt. The plowing (i.e. understeer) is due to the weight of the vehicle overwhelming the available traction from the tires.

I would suspect that the Lightning will be about the same as an ICE F150. It has more weight to control, but the lower center of mass and better weight distribution would help offset that to a certain extent. That said, the all time AWD and more weight over the rear means you cant stab throttle and correct with some good old fashioned oversteer! :LOL:
Youd be surprised how much a Tesla with all the weight in the bottom creates a ton of plowing if you try to toss it into a 90. Everyone thinks the weight low helps but in reality it makes the car a sled. Thats why I asked an owner. Remember an Ice F-150 has about 4800 pound curb weight, a LR lightnining is 6500! I suspect this thing is not going to handle as you suspect at all. I expect it to handle like my Tesla's did and when you try to do a quick turn in the weight likes to carry it forward. That crazy physics and inertia thing.

Thats why I asked with the dual shock front suspension I suspect this was the reason was to keep the dip in away but I want to hear from an owner.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Youd be surprised how much a Tesla with all the weight in the bottom creates a ton of plowing if you try to toss it into a 90. Everyone thinks the weight low helps but in reality it makes the car a sled. Thats why I asked an owner. Remember an Ice F-150 has about 4800 pound curb weight, a LR lightnining is 6500! I suspect this thing is not going to handle as you suspect at all. I expect it to handle like my Tesla's did and when you try to do a quick turn in the weight likes to carry it forward. That crazy physics and inertia thing.

Thats why I asked with the dual shock front suspension I suspect this was the reason was to keep the dip in away but I want to hear from an owner.
Fair enough - all I was saying as that if you had the same weight, but higher up, it would be even worse. Weight is always the enemy of handling. This is a truck though, not exactly a handling beast.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Fair enough - all I was saying as that if you had the same weight, but higher up, it would be even worse. Weight is always the enemy of handling. This is a truck though, not exactly a handling beast.
Oh dear lord if that weight was up high it would be uncontrollable! Id almost love to try it just for the fun and chaos. What concerns me is that they have worse tires that a standard F-150 for traction. So this thing in the rain coming in hot in florida when someone pulls out on you could be a nightmare.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I rode in a Lightning at an outreach event last fall. I was blown away at how great it handled--for a truck. I would say it is the best handling truck I've ever ridden in. That said, its still the beast of a truck so you'll need to have realistic expectations, especially if comparing it to a Tesla.

Then again..what Tesla can carry 1500lbs of peat moss around?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oh dear lord if that weight was up high it would be uncontrollable! Id almost love to try it just for the fun and chaos. What concerns me is that they have worse tires that a standard F-150 for traction. So this thing in the rain coming in hot in florida when someone pulls out on you could be a nightmare.
From what I could find of online, the A/S tires (General Grabber HTS) seemed to have pretty good reviews. They convinced me to go A/S vs. A/T. Have you seen something else.

Canadian Lightning

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Anti Matter Blue Lariat
If I can help anyone with any questions, let me know.

Quick Stats - Reserved within seconds of announcement, Notice and order happened on 1/6/22. Build week is 5/9. Actual build date 5/11. Email saying built on 5/28 with delivery of June 21-27. Never showed shipped, but switched to delivered on 6/2. Picked up 6/2. This is the fastest vehicle I've ever driven and I have driven a V12 before. The other thing I havent seen talked about is it is one of the smoothest driving vehicles as well. It is incredibly smooth.

1654235551896.png
Congrats on your Lightning ...... Would love to see some pics in the sun and whatever pics you have of the truck- interior/ exterior

Battalion3419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter
Congrats on your Lightning ...... Would love to see some pics in the sun and whatever pics you have of the truck- interior/ exterior
And color of carpet, black or I suspect grey?
Sponsored